Wednesday, 8 August 2018

Day 7 - Anne!

It was a day full of smoking hot temperatures and Anne of Green Gables!

We began our day by walking across the street to the Cavendish cemetery to view the final resting place of Lucy Maud Montgomery.



We then continued on our way to PEI National Park: Green Gables.  It is a small site set on a large property right in the heart of Cavendish.  Of course, there never was a true "Anne of Green Gables" as she's a fictional character from a novel however they're done a great job of replicating what it would have looked like.  We had a great time exploring the barn (half movie theatre/half museum artifacts) and attending a ceilidh.  Just before lunch, we checked out the inside of the farm house as well.  It was interesting to see what a farm house of that time period would have looked like (reminded the girls of Fort Edmonton).  After lunch we walked the Lover's Lane trail and, of course, checked out the gift shop!  The girls all completed the National Park's Junior Explorer program and received a tag necklace for it.  I've saved the best for last... the highlight of this part of the day was absolutely meeting "Anne".  She did such a fabulous job of portraying the character; her way of speaking and actions were on pointe.  The best part was she spent a moment with each girl speaking to her; asking where she was from or the significance of her name, etc.  It was truly special!



Afterwards, we left the property by walking the Haunted Woods trail over to the site of Lucy Maud Montgomery's Cavendish home.  As we arrived on the property we were all struck by how the surroundings "looked like" the Anne movies.  You could picture Matthew out in the field!  They gave us a small historical talk about the property and then we were off to walk to the site of the house in which Lucy stayed with her grandparents in Cavendish.  The original apple trees are still there!  It truly gave you a sense of how Lucy was inspired by her surroundings to write the books that she did.



Bus driver Brad was required to take the day off (because with our long hours we've been working him too hard - LOL!)  Our relief driver met us to drive us to the Anne of Green Gables museum in Park Corner, PEI.  Personally, this experience was even better than the Green Gables exhibit in Cavendish; definitely worth checking out if you're ever here.  The Campbell home, the L.M. Montgomery called the "wonder castle of my childhood", was built in 1872 by her uncle John and Aunt Annie Campbell.  The first Campbells settled there in 1776 and it is still in the Campbell family.  It is the setting of Lucy's "Anne's Lake of Shining Waters" novel.  Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted by a descendant of the family, Pamela.  Her enthusiasm and passion for her role truly made the experience there unforgettable.  We began with a short horse and carriage ride and then were put to work planting potatoes in the PEI red dirt field.  We learned that it takes about 75 days for the potatoes to grow and Pamela then gave each of us a PEI potato bag.  She said that any girls that return to PEI in 75 days, may harvest their own potatoes!  (Many would like to come back; we told them they'd need to return with their families!!)  After our hard work we were rewarded with home made ginger snaps and sugar cookies and refreshing lemonade (super appreciated on such a hot day!) We also had the opportunity to tour the family farm house which, as much as possible, has been left as it were in Lucy's day.  Original furniture, many photographs of the family, and stories made the tour of it exceptional.  Girls really enjoyed seeing the original blue chest (from Lucy's novel "Story Girl"), seeing Lucy's wedding dress, and the room in which she was married.



After leaving Silver Bush, we were off to the big city of Charlottetown.  We arrived with just enough time to eat our Swiss Chalet delivered supper and dress for the musical.  The run time for the show was 2 3/4 hours.  I thought for sure that we'd have some girls sleeping but they all seemed pretty into it!  We had amazing seats and thoroughly enjoyed it!  The raspberry cordial and treat during intermission didn't hurt either!



All in all, it was a fabulous day full of multiple "Anne" experiences.  We are so lucky!  We're off to a historical walking tour of Charlottetown with the Confederation Players this morning and then off on a boat for our clam dig experience!  Should be another great day!

52 comments:

  1. Hi Alexa, Anne day looked like the best day yet!
    I’m so jealous you get to do and see all these amazing things! Dad says he just wants a hug and a kiss from his favourite Binoo! You look awesome as a red head, maybe we should dye your hair and call you carrots!! I love you and miss you, see you in two days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee,

    I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the musical. After the crazy schedule you have been keeping I wondered if you would fall asleep in that cool, dark room! 40 degrees sounds like way too hot to do any touring in. Guess what though, the day you get home, there is a special heat warning because it is supposed to be 37 degrees in Edmonton. So clearly you girls are bringing that crazy heat with you. A forest fire has blown smoke into Edmonton in a big way and there are all kinds of air quality warnings. I decided not to go out to ride Capone yesterday because of the heat (28 degrees) and the crazy smoke. Olivia is back though and she plans to ride him today and at least one other time before you are back.

    I can't believe it is only a couple more days til you are home. I thought when you got home we could go visit the ponies after I pick you up. It will be too hot to ride that day likely but I thought we could bring them in and give them some extra love.

    So I saw a few pictures with you in a wheelchair. That is a bit concerning. I hope your ankle is doing okay. I am pretty worried about you.

    I worked until 8pm last night then came home for dinner and bed. Mom and Dad are leading a pretty boring life while you and your brother are away!

    Only two more sleeps til you are home - I can't wait!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paige and Moira, well PE I is really beautiful. What an amazing day you had in the hot sunshine learning the history PEI and learning more about fictional character Anne. Great to see you getting your gardening practice in!
    Love mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you girls had an amazing Anne day!
    DDC Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Julie and Nana8 August 2018 at 07:03

    Hi Simone, it looks like it is so hot there. Hope the bus driver takes you back to the beach for a quick dip! We love you with red hair. It suits you well. Daphne, Malcolm and Celeste visited yesterday. They so miss you. Daphne is totally lost without you. Nana and I can't wait to hear your stories in person. We love you both so much. We search for a photo of you as soon as we wake up. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anjou, hello my sunshine! Holy moly that was quite the Anne day. And I love the Anne hat and braids that you bought, I’ll bet that never comes off your head once it comes home! So I saw something unusual in the pictures today... I saw you working in the garden!! So it is possible! This means you’re signed up for weed pulling duty in our garden and Grandma’s garden once you get back.
    I LOVE that you wrote about your day in French, did it feel good too? Can’t wait to hear about your day again today, I read that there is a ‘sleep in’ morning today so you won’t like that AT ALL! Xxxxxxxx mom, dad... Yanick says he kinda misses you, only a bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi princess peanut,
    What an exciting day! I love the picture of you dressed up as Anne, you are so cute! The old house is fascinating. Did you enjoy the horse and carriage ride, that looked like fun. Are you going to show us how to plant potatoes when you get home?
    How was the Anne musical? I bet it was fantastic.
    Have fun today! Good luck in your clam dig! Make sure you try some!
    Skipper and Spike say Hi!
    Miss you and love you lots
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Madison you had a busy day yesterday. I bet the horse and buggy ride was fun and planting potatoes. Must have felt really nice to be out of the hot sun and in to the cool theatre. You looked so cool in the Anne outfit your cute with red hair. Have a great day today. Love Your GBFF Deb & Donny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Madison,

    Another fabulous day you are going to be exhausted by the time you get home. Loved the Anne picture thanks for doing that Mama loved that picture. Hope you have a great day today at your clam dig. You should really try them they would be soo delicious!! Love you lots.

    Love Mom & Dad ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ava!
    Dad here. Looks like your trip keeps getting better and better. Can’t believe all the places you’re seeing and all the things you’re doing. Your “Anne” day looked very beautiful; like you were living a page right out of the story book.
    Guess what!? I saw bears on my golf trip!; mom and two cubs crossed the course really close to me. I have video to show you. Have fun getting dirty today digging for clams. Love seeing you in all your pictures-keep smiling. Have a fun, adventurous last few days. Can’t wait to squeeze you at the airport. :-)
    Love Dad ��

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Tia, our little sweet pea! Day seven looked like fun, all about Anne! I hope you’re still taking lots of pictures! The show must have been great if 3 hours felt too short! I’m glad you enjoyed it. :) You looked very nice in your new outfit and with your hair down! Were you chilly with no sleeves? I always get chilly in places like that because of the air conditioning. I’m not sure what Anne had in common with Simone... please tell me! That potato bag is a neat momento, we can put potatoes in it from our garden of you like! Dominic isn’t up yet but I’ll get him to read your note when he’s up (or maybe after swimming, you know how he’s sometimes snarly first thing haha)

    Yesterday Dominic went to Nana and Grandpa’s after swimming so I had the afternoon to myself. While I was out I bought you some new underwear!!! One with a poop emoji and two with emoji faces. They are awesome! How is your underwear supply going, should I mail them to you now?! Or should I bring them to the airport when I pick you up?! Hehehe just kidding!! I love you my snuggly wumkins. Give yourself a big hug for me!
    Today’s song is to the tune of Old MacDonald:

    Tia Wilson was a guide
    E – I – E – I – O
    To the Maritimes she did fly
    E – I – E – I – O
    She’s taking pics here
    And she’s taking pics there
    Here a pic, there a pic, everywhere she’s taking pics!
    Tia Wilson was a guide
    E – I – E – I – O

    Love and kisses to you from us!
    Mommy, Daddy, Dominic and Drago

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jada,
    Thanks for the recommendation on the musical, we will definitely check that out when we go! I love the picture with Anne hugging you...so cute :) the pictures all look so much like the movie..how cool that must have been.
    Have fun on the clam dog tomorrow, I'm sure it will feel great to be by the water again when it's so hot.
    Ben and I found lots of fossils in dinosaur provincial park and hit a lake for a good swim on the way to Lethbridge. We are off to Head Smashed in buffalo jump today. Poor dad had to stay home and work while we all play tourist!
    Miss you lots and wish we could be there exploring with you. Cant wait to hear your stories.
    Love and lots of hugs
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Madeline! What an awesome day you had! I'm very jealous and might have to go back with you in 75 days to check on those potatoes...

    I like that you were wearing your Canadian flag hat today, it made it easy to spot you in the group photos!

    I'm glad you decided to dress up as Anne, I was going to give you some trouble for not doing it before! We'll have to compare it to the picture of grandpa Patterson...ha ha

    We love you lots and are excited to see you again and get your firsthand accounts of everything!

    Love
    Mom, Dad and Claire

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Sophia

    Sounds like you had yet an other busy yet amazing day on your trip. I see you were in the garden!! Your garden here is growing like crazy. You have lots of tomatoes, your peppers are turning colour, and the basil looks and smells amazing.

    Yes Jinx is good!! She is sitting right by my shoulder on the couch as I type this. Zoe and Marley are waiting for me to finish feeding them and then get them ready to go with Gordon for the day and Tip always come flying out of his volcano hide-out as soon as I walk in!!

    I'm on soccer duty this morning so will be leaving shortly to take James and Paul to their camp. And then Grandma will come over later for dinner.

    I'm really starting to miss you, as this is the longest you have been away from me... sniff sniff ... I can hardly wait to see you Friday morning, which really isn't' that far away now. You have Today (Wed) and Thursday and then you are on your way....

    Enjoy these next few days. Take it all in and have fun!!!

    Love Mom, James, Marley, Zoe, Jinx and Tip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Stink-Butt!

    Looks like you're continuing to have a lovely time out East. I'm glad you are enjoying it and getting to see all sorts of neat things. Both Auntie-Lisa and I are very jealous, Eastern Canada is not a place we have yet had the chance to explore.

    Things here are not nearly as exciting as your trip but we try. Lisa and I went camping this past weekend to Drayton Valley, my sunburn was the most thrilling part of that adventure. Ooooh, I had to get rid of a wasps nest under our deck yesterday - not an Uncle Matt favorite, I can tell you that.

    Anyway, have a lovely day!

    Love,
    Uncle Matt & Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carys, wow! what a busy and interesting day you had yesterday. Lots of memories for you. I love seeing you and your glorious smile in all your pictures. I especially love reading your Today Was Fabulous Because notes. They make me chuckle. It's really hot here as well, and very very smokey from all the fires in B.C. Keep having fun. I miss you lots.
    Love and GREAT BIG hugs, Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gillian,

    Today looked like the best day. It makes me to watch the movie again😄 such a beautiful place and you look fabulous in the costumes of „Anne“. I‘m glad you liked the musical and you look so pretty in your dress. I‘m so jealous i‘m not with you.
    We went to the beach yesterday and Haylee is asking for you. I told her you back on Friday and Nanny is coming on Friday too. 2 more days. We all 😘 miss you very much!!! 😍 Love you
    Mama, Papa und Emily

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia What an amazing day you had!! I’m so jealous that you’ve seen Avonlea, Anne and Diana, the Green Gables!! Every place looks exactly like in the book - and they even had polish translation over there on display!!!! So amazing!!
    You girls look very fancy during the show!!!
    Julia Daddy says that you can spend all your money if you want, I’m just asking think twice before you make decision!!! Shopping could be overwhelming- every girl will tell you that!
    Enjoy the Charlottetown tour, stay safe and most of all have tons of fun!!!
    We love you veryyyyy much Mama, Tata and Wiktor

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sienna,

    It looks like such an amazing day, indulging in everything Anne. Hope you are putting your Anne journal to good use !! Also,now that you know how to plant potatoes, we will leave you in charge of next year's harvest !! Glad to hear your spray bottle is coming in handy, how about your towel ? You will need them here as well as Josh from CTV has announced Edmonton's weather will be high 30's here on Friday when you guys get home !! Can't wait to see you again ! Enjoy your clam dig and all that is PEI ! Love MDB ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  20. Madeline,
    You are having the adventure of a lifetime on this trip and this blog is such a great way of capturing all that you are experiencing. I loved seeing you dress up as Anne (with an 'e'). It must have been fun to plant potatoes. The soil is such a wonderful color isn't it? I loved your Canada hat that you wore today. We sure love you and hope that you are able to really treasure the remaining days you have on this trip.
    Love Grandma Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Gillian and Mom.

    Firstly, I checked the mail yesterday and no schedule. If we get it, you will know!

    Next, Wow! What a day. It all looks like so much fun and I can't believe all the fun stuff you did with Anne. I think it is so cool that Pamela said that you could come back and dig up your potatoes (we may just have to go back!)

    I have a Joke - What does a cat say when its frustrated?
    Answer - You have cat to be kitten me right now!
    Hehehe

    Enjoy your day today,
    Caroline and Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Patrycja.
    I hope you enjoyed every minute of Anne of Green Gables. It must have been soo awsome being there. You probably felt like you had traveled in time. I wonder how that raspberry cordial tested??? Must have been delicious!!!I would love to be there with you and enjoy that show and carriage ride and planting potatoes in the red soil,what a day!!!! I hope you took many many pictures and I can't wait to see them.
    I wonder how much you will enjoy the clam dig,thats gonna be another great experience and I can't wait to read all about it tonight and then you will tell us more when you come back.
    Enjoy your day tomorrow and remember we are waiting here all excited to hear all the wonderful stories from your trip!!! Love you.
    Auntie Agnes and PBJS squad( currently without their P)
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Gillian and Kathy, I know that for Mom this was a big circled day - the day of ANNE! - and I'm so glad for you both it didn't disappoint. I admit I have never read any of her books, and to find out there were 8! tells me I'm missing out. In fairness to me, I did see a lot of Meaghan Follows on tv. Gillian did you relate to her character at all? Bold, stubborn, irreverent, courageous? I think that of you, but with a bun for hair. :)

    JOKE: what are fishes favorite fruit? Crabapples!

    I can appreciate that you must all be very tired by now, and I hope you are getting some sleep in between activities. Great work with your step count Kathy! And Gillian, I can't wait to show Grandpa your skills at the potato farm - he will absolutely love to know you are able to help around the farm now! Love xoxo Dad

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Courtney and Suzanne, This, in my opinion, was your most amazing day I have read about yet! It takes me back to my childhood when I devoured the Anne books and dreamed of the day I would visit her home in PEI. Lucy M was a most talented writer and I am happy that PEI has become famous for keeping the stories so alive. You two both look so good in the photos and so happy. I haven’t seen a photo of the two of you posing together yet. I am off to the back yard to do some more painting on the fence. I’d rather be vacationing lol. Love you Grandma and Grandpa. XX00

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Alex it's dad we are doing the mad dash getting packed for a day trip to sylvan lake. It looks like you are having an incredible time. I absolutly love the descriptive hints you gave us about these presents you bought for us. Zach things your getting him a nerf snipper rifle or shot gun. I am sure that you have bought me the tootoo, with an Anne of green gables hat and wig, I will be the talk of the town!! And you know how much I have always wanted to make a fasion statement like that!!!. Mom thinks that you bought her a flamingo and Syd is convinced you got her a dart gun...or was that fart gun.

    Hey Alex its me your brother...... you know Zach i just wanted to say. What kind of drinks have ypu been having? What kinds of food have you been eating? By the way mom says you need to clean our room when you get back. I... I mean you have made a terrible mess while you have been gone. I love you.

    Hey Sis its Syd i love u and miss u very much. I hope u are having lots of fun! I hered that u got me something and thzt it starts with an H??🤔🤔 To be honest i am a little worried.Today we are going down to sylvan for a day trip but that is nothing compared to what u r doing. Oh by the way the charge that u took was yours not mine, i looked it is yours so u can't blame me! But that is sad that u coould not take pics of everything. There is something wrong with us and our cameras!! I drop it in the duck pond and u dont have the right charger! The camera god must hate us, right. Again hope u r having lots of fun, love u lots and miss u!!😘😘😗 we will see u in two days can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Michele Schuldhaus8 August 2018 at 09:37

    My Miss Mouse!

    You look gorgeous in your fancy dress and so grown up at the THEE-A-TER (said with a English accent :-) ). You know how I LOVE musicals. You will have to tell me all about it.

    Has seeing where Montgomery lived and her inspiration, changed how you see the books/movies or just Anne in general? Sounds as if you liked the food on "Anne day." :-) I don't know why, but I have never read her books or seen any of the shows/movies other than the little bit we watched together. I think I need to catch up with the rest of the world and the appreciation of Anne.

    Due to your experience planting potatoes, you are now my official assistant gardener:-) Yay!!!!! The horse pulling your carriage is so beautiful. What was it's name?

    I forgot to ask you yesterday how the ocean was. You didn't look too cold, so I'm hoping it was warm. Did you go in beyond your knees?

    Last night, Dad, Dylan and I saw an action movie in the theatre. It was one that you wouldn't enjoy. We are saving everything "Ava worthy" for when you are home. Maggie misses you. She seems a little sad. We will bring her to the airport.

    Only two more sleeps! I've missed rubbing your back and singing good night, here's our song to lock in your brain for bedtime (to the tune of of "Michelle" by the Beatles):

    Ava
    My Ava
    I love you, Yes I do
    Oooo ooo ooo ooo

    Ava
    My Ava
    You are such a sweet and wonderful girl
    Mom's little pearl

    I love you, I love you, I LOVE you
    And that's what you will know
    As I help you grow
    Into a smart, strong, happy, healthy, loving woman
    Whoa oh oh

    I'm so proud of you. Keep savouring your magical adventures!
    Love you tons and see you in a couple of days, Mom xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Madison for dressing up as Anne of Greene Gables. It is a very special picture for me. I am glad you are loving PEI, it is a beautiful province. Auntie Dawn will love to know how they plant potatoes. Have fun digging for clams. Love Mama and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jessica Blicharz8 August 2018 at 09:52

    Dear, Patrycja i hope that you didn't actually melt. Did you have fun at the museum? I miss you so much do you? Are you taking a lot of good pictures? Miska and Coco miss you. They can't wait. From: The best sister in the whole wide world Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Greetings to you Monie. Its your favourite sibling, Celeste, here to write you a message. Was the wig itchy? Was the dress comfortable? Did you get anything cool from the shop? Was the raspberry cordial good? Were the songs in the musical awesome? It looks like you are having an amazing time. I can't wait till you come home! Mum looks like she is enjoying all the seafood. What new foods are you trying? You're going to have a million stories to tell me. Joke of the day: Why was the water snake so grouchy? He was feeling EEL.
    Anyways, I love you and miss you and can't wait for you to come back. Bye Bye

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Ryleigh,

    This looks like such an incredible day! The Museum looks just like I remember it! I will have to find the pictures of my trip with my Guide unit and show you.

    Was this day all you hoped it would be?

    Did you enjoy the ride in the buggy? How did you like planting potatoes?

    Ceilidh and I are going to the Cat Cafe today. Dad is still sleeping he was called into work at midnight and got home around 5:30am he will be back to work around noon.

    PS Ceilidh was excited to hear you went to a ceilidh 😊

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Zoee,

    You are so pretty and adorable in the Anne costume. You sure had a very busy day.

    Lots of love,
    Grandma and Rose

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Ava!
    It’s your super duper cool brother here. I’m surprised you wanted your smelly old brother to write a comment cause I’m annoying but you still did. I’m so proud of you to be doing this without us and a little bit envious at the same time. Everything you did was Anne of green gables. Maggie misses you a lot and she keeps on walking around your door and whining. She’s gonna be soooooooooooooooooo happy when you get back in two or three sleeps I’ve lost track. We all miss you and love you lots.

    Sincerely,
    Old poopy face Dylan

    PS. I came up with a little poem,

    There once was a girl named Ava
    Who went with her group of guides
    To the other end of Canada
    The beautiful Maritimes
    But then came the day of travel
    She got to see her father and mother
    But at the terminal there he was
    Her smelly poopy face brother

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Ryleigh, what a day. It was like you girls were in the stories. So as Mom said I am just waking up now, I was staying up to read the blog then at about 11 I was too tired so I went to bed. Then was paged into work 30 minutes later �� Everything is ok, but I have to head back in soon. We are counting the days til you fly back, enjoy very moment and we have big hugs ready. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kris,Aga,Jessi Blicharz8 August 2018 at 11:07

    Czesc Patrycja, you had another wonderful day. I hope you still have a space on memory card in your camera �� What was your favorite activity so far ? Coco had problem with her tail after swimming in the lake but it is ok right now;-) Thank you for your writing! Keep going;-) And enjoy your last two days. Miss you and love you mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello Jorja!
    Oh man....that sounded like quite the day! I would have loved to experience that with you! You looked so happy in the picture with Anne. I know you really love live theater. I bet you were right into it. One day, we will go back and maybe you can show me where you planted your potatoes? Maybe they will still be there?! Haha.
    Yesterday was action packed for us too. We went to Silverwood Amusement Park and Waterpark. It was sooooo fun!!! I want to go back today but we have other plans. The littlest King dragged me on a long and super fast roller coaster. I was so scared. Anderson loved it. No joke. After the ride was over we all tried to get off but we were stuck. The handles would not rise. By this time I just wanted out but they had to call the technician. 10 minutes later, we were out. I was so relieved. Anderson was ready to go again but I told with him he had to find a new partner. I am sure you would have volunteered in a heartbeat. We had lunch and headed to the waterpark side. Now this was super duper fun. The waterslides were so much fun. There was a lazy river and a few wave pools. We wanted to stay longer but they were closing. So....we are just all going to have to come back one year! Oh I forgot to mention we ran into Jonathan's friend Daymond! What are the chances of that?! Jonathan went on a few rides with him. That was fun for the boys!
    We ended the day with a train ride but I won't tell you what happens on it. We will just have to come back so you can see!! We also had ice cream bigger than the boys' face.
    We head home tomorrow to see Daddy and then the next day to see you!! Can't wait.
    Love you to the moon and back. MOM
    P.S- can you please write neater? I could barely read your blog today! Maybe throw in a couple of periods and commas??!! Thanks My Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Anjou! Looks like you had a wonderful Anne-filled day! I hope it was everything you imagined it would be. Enjoy the walking tour today. I'll bet you learn lots about the founding of Canada and our history. And I hope the YouTube video we watched helped you prepare for the clam dig. Talk to you soon. Love, Uncle Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Carys and Andrea,
    Another busy and fun-filled day. Wow!!! That was a whole lot of Anne. Not sure about you, but I'm ready for you two to come home any day now. After an eventful morning of MacLean finally going number two on the toilet yesterday, he decided to revert to his old ways and made a deposit into his diaper four times throughout the rest of the day - what a champ!!! Hope you had a great time on the clam dig today - please ensure you add the clams to the lobsters you are bringing us home.
    Love you both. Dad/Michael

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Michele Schuldhaus8 August 2018 at 11:09

    Ava ... Lots of people want to comment, but it's been a little difficult to figure out. Here's an email I got today:

    Opa and I watch all the blogs from Ava. Please say hello from us. We enjoy seeing all her adventures. So proud and happy for her.
    Hugs Oma Heidi and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  41. To Ella Bella of Green Gables - your costume picture is just adorable. Another fun filled special day on PEI.Hope you are enjoying your last day on the Island and your ferry to Pictou. Papa and I have a great picture taken on the Pictou ferry, can hardly wait for you to come home so we can look at our book and you can tell me all about the places we both visited! Love you baby. Nana Banana and Papa Papaya. Hugs to the 2 Pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Jada. Wow. ANNE, ANNE and more ANNE.
    I think you guys pretty much covered the Anne of Green Gables thing. We will have to get you an "e" for your middle name. Maybe dye your hair red? Glad you are enjoying the photo moments with your camera and I'm sure your journal is filling up too. I know my favorite thing from your trip would be the clam dig- maybe not yours but who knows! Enjoy the last few days of your awesome adventure. Miss you too and can't wait for a big hug when you get back. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW Anjou! What a special day! You look so cute as Anne! We are so excited that you have such good gardening experience now. Grandpa and I have made a list of all the weeding and harvesting that you can do when you return. You can have Saturday off, but Sunday would be good for us. We even have potatoes to harvest! Miss you lots and can’t wait to hear about all your adventures firsthand. Lots of love Grandma, Grandpa and Biscuit (I came home from Toronto last night)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Bonjour Tia je ne compran pas ceseque tu a dit?Can you tell me in English please?love Dominic

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey Tia, do you remember The Book with No Pictures? Here are the rules. The guider reading this blog post has to say everything that the blog post says. No. Matter. What. Tia is this true? Do I have to read it? Yes?! Okay then, here we go. I am a guider from Edmonton and my best friend in the world is a hippo named boo-boo-butt. What?! Ok, no it really says Blurffff smurffff ka-blam-O. Hmmmmm, what on earth is this all about?! The girl guides I’m talking to are the BEST GIRLS EVERRRRRRR! Us guiders awesome too! Even if we all do robot dances to robot songs and talk like ro-bots. Okaaaaaay let’s move on now. Zoing! Boing! Yabba dabba DOOOOOOO!!!
    Okay. Yes we’re DONE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Auntie Jennifer Bridle8 August 2018 at 13:42

    Don't forget that Auntie Jennifer and Samantha are both redheads! There's nothing more wonderful than a day filled with Anne. So glad you got your RasPberry cordial too!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Well Moirapalooza and PRINCESS Paige-
    I was glad to hear it was worth doing the girly thing to go to the play, Princess!

    I thought you would be too tired to write last evening after such a happening day but it was so HOT here I was too tired to write.

    There is a saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" and photos of everything you are doing are worth a zillion words.

    Do you think there are little old Grammy Girl guide groups? I think I have to sign up.

    I look forward to this evening's installment.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Ella-Bo-Bella! I thought I would let your Dad have the comment of the day yesterday. I told him you were in PEI again yesterday and he asked if you saw "Bud the Spud"?

    I love the pictures! Looks like you've been having lots of fun with several of the girls. I loved the beach pics the other night. I think it's awesome you've had time with your close friends and made some new ones!

    It's been 2 more very action packed days!I hope you know how lucky you are to have leaders to plan all of these events. I mean...how much research went into to this to find so many things to do and have the perfect tour guides there to show you around?? Amazing!! Personally, I think Guider Tara has a career in tourism ;-)

    Only a couple nights left. Enjoy every minute! Love you tons baby girl. xoxox

    Mom (and Dad and Flower and Riley)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Gillian hunny,
    Love your pics, looks like it was a fun day on P E I.
    Me and mummy wish we could be with you , mummy especially she is so jealous because you are eating crab and lobster most nights.
    Don’t forget a small gift for Colleen.
    Love ya lots.
    Daddy Mummy Emily 😘😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  50. Bonjour, Tia! Tu nous manques! Dors bien! Nous vous reverrons bientôt. Nous t'aimons. Nana et Grand-père XOX

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow! Yesterday sounds like it was fantastic! I hope today is just as good. Enjoy the last couple of days! When you get home things won’t be nearly as cool!

    I miss you too and can’t wait to see you. Love you Coralynnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello miss Courtney. Oh my goodness I cant believe you got to meet and take your picture with Anne. walk down Lovers Lane trail and then get to plant purple potatoes. I hope the show was great and you are having a wonderful time. Everything you guys are getting to sounds amazing! You are making me want to go back to PEI. Tell leader Suzanne that it looks like she is getting awesome steps in! Love you lots and cannot wait to read about what happens next. Aunty Boo

    ReplyDelete

Day 9 - Halifax again!

It was definitely a "full circle" to be returning back to Halifax Harbour today on day 9; the same location we visited on the mor...