Monday, 6 August 2018

Day 6 - NEW BRUNSWICK TO PEI

Can you say whirlwind?  Guider Kathy feels as if we were on our own version of the Amazing Race today!

Before we left Moncton this morning, we visited Magnetic Hill.  Bus driver Brad was willing to take us in the coach bus to this weirdly interesting locale.  We actually got to try it twice - once going in reverse and once going forwards.  Even the Guiders were convinced that our vehicle was actually driving itself back up the hill and that it isn't just an illusion!


Brad then suggested that we stop in the small French town of Shediac to get our pictures taken with "the world's largest lobster".  Why not?! Lol.


We then stopped at Cape Jourimain Nature Centre on the New Brunswick side of the Confederation Bridge.  We picked it because we wanted a spot to take pictures with the bridge.  We had a short guided tour of the nature trails to the rare, 8 sided, Cape Lighthouse that dates back to 1869.  


Next up was a trip across the Confederation Bridge to PEI!  It took less than 10 minutes to make it all the way across.  Traveling in a bus was a great way to go as we were able to see over the guard rails.  As soon as we made it onto PEI, we were greeted by the red soil; so cool!


Upon arriving in PEI, Brad suggested that we stop at "Shop & Play" for yet some more souvenir shopping!  More exciting however than shopping was the opportunity to dress up as Anne of Green Gables!  Many of the girls and all of the leaders decided to give it a try!  It was really fun!


We dined at the StarLite Diner in Summerside today for lunch.  Many of our girls live in the Summerside community in Edmonton so we thought it would be cool!  Living up to our "fame", the restaurant had closed entirely in order to accommodate us for lunch today.  Many of the girls enjoyed the restaurant; black & white checkered flooring, booths, jukeboxes, old posters, neon signs, etc.  Fun!


Also in Summerside, we stopped in at the College of Piping & Celtic Performing Arts of Canada for a 3p.m. mini-show.  We had a little time to check out their gift shop (yep - gift shop #3 of 4 for the day).  Since it was a holiday, we were the only ones there for the afternoon show.  It certainly worked to our advantage as the dancers took turns teaching our girls some highland and step dancing before the show.  Then, we enjoyed some highland dancing, some (bag) piping, some drumming, and some step dancing.  The performers were all quite young but each took the time to explain their work and their costuming.  At the end, the girls got to try their dance steps out on stage!  It was a neat little stop  along the way!


If that weren't enough, next stop was PEI National Park - Cavendish Beach location.  The girls were so excited to get a chance to do some swimming.  The beach was beautiful and the water was certainly enticing on another hot day!  


Finally, our last stop was Avonlea Village for dinner.  Unfortunately a bunch of the locations were closed early but we still managed to have a lovely dinner (and of course our final shopping location for the day!)


It's been a LONG day but a good day.  We're off on our Anne of Green Gables adventures tomorrow!



61 comments:

  1. Zoee,
    Wow! Just reading about your super busy day is making me tired. Haha. Magnetic hill is really neat - that’s exciting you did it both forward and in reverse. Cavendish beach looked like a really good time as well swimming in the Atlantic Ocean and playing in the sand. It must be a lot of fun and giggles traveling with such a big group of girlfriends.
    Enjoy Green Gables tomorrow.
    Auntie Cara 💋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison remember you were suppose to wear the wig for Anne of Green Gables. You better do it when you go to the museum. Remember Mama wants to put your picture next to the one I had taken with the wig. Papa is glad your favourite place today was Magnetic Hill. That was one of Papa's favourite places. Keep smiling. Love you Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alexa
    Today looked awesome, as usual, the crossing of the confederation bridge and pictures of the giant lobster looked cool, did you get a picture of yourself in the Anne dress up clothes? Grandpa tried to send a message yesterday but I don’t think he figured it out, we all miss you and love you Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ry,

    It looks like another fun filled day! I am so excited that you are in PEI. How did you like highland dancing, so you remember Irish dancing is it similar? How did you like the pipes?

    I saw pictures of girls and leaders dressed up as Anne did you get to do this too? Hope you have a picture they are super cute.

    So you are going to see Anne with an 'e' Green Gables tomorrow!!! I am so excited for you.

    Today is Dad's last day of vacation so it will be just Ceilidh, Maya and myself tomorrow 😊 We finished building our closet and it looks really nice can't wait for you to see it.

    We all miss you lots and love you very much!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'ai oublié d'écrire en français. Je t'aime chérie. Profitez de vos derniers jours et profitez de chaque occasion

      Delete
  5. Auntie Jennifer Bridle6 August 2018 at 22:53

    I am exhausted reading about your day! I bet you are all sleeping well at night! Bus driver Brad sounds like a real gem! I think it is cool that you are taking him places he's never been before and that he is suggesting places for you to go. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures tomorrow at Green Gables. Pretty cool that Samantha was on that very same beach, just three days ago! Enjoy your rasPberry cordial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele Schuldhaus6 August 2018 at 22:54

    Hey there Mousey Girl!

    LM Montgomery is buried across from where you are staying? Is that a little spooky or just a neat bit of trivia? You make the most adorable Anne of Green Gables with your cute freckles and beautiful smile. Made us all smile looking at it.

    You are in one of my most favourite places in the entire world, PEI. I honestly thought it was one of the most beautiful places and I loved the people and my entire time there. I hope it is as special for you as it was for me.

    What did you think of Highland dancing? I think it would be pretty tough. Was it hard to learn dance moves?

    Back to normal work day tomorrow as the holiday Monday is over. Savour every moment of the rest of your Grand Adventure and we will see you in only four more sleeps. Love you and miss you tons, Mom Dad Dylan and Maggie. XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele Schuldhaus6 August 2018 at 22:56

      Nana and Papa sent me this:

      Please let Ava know that we are so proud of her ��

      Delete
  7. Continually amazed by how full your days are! Y'all will sleep for a week when this is over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carys & Guider Andrea
    Wow what a day you’ve had! Love all of the pictures, especially the one your mum sent of you both dressed up as Anne of Green Gables!
    Looks like you had a great time at Cavendish Beach! It’s so beautiful
    Have fun tomorrow and can’t wait for your next update. Anna is on a sleepover tonight but she’ll get caught up when she’s home in the morning.
    xoxo
    Auntie Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continually amazed by how full your days are! Y'all will sleep for a week when this is over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maddy,

    Sounds like you had a super fun day, I didn’t see you dressed up as Anne, I am surprised:) I hope you are having a blast with your friends. We miss you lots here. :)

    Love auntie Natalie (Patterson)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Paige and Moira, this was the most exciting day for you that I was waiting for. Paige good job posing in the Ann of Green Gable’s outfit, I am aware that was way too girly for you. LOL but you looked really cute! Moira you are such a sweetheart and you look so beautiful. I am so loving watching all the adventures that you’re having. Can’t wait to see you soon love mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sienna,
    Oh my goodness !! That picture of you dressed up as Anne was the cutest thing ever !! She looks adorable being Asian and wearing glasses ��! You made it to PEI !! Any potatoes yet ? We love the jukebox pic , what music was coming out of it ? Mom or Dad's kind of music ? And you got to swim also ! Really looks like you guys are doing the Girl Guides Maritime version of the Amazing Race !! Any U-turns ?! Yes cousins came to the show along with the Kowalchuks and Eric (dad's co-worker ). He only had 2 boards to break ! Enjoy more of PEI tomorrow , especially the musical !! Love MDB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello ladies! Hello Paigebot and Fifi!!!

    What a great day. Awesome photos! I’m so happy for both of you!

    I’m going to make this a short letter but I’m so happy for both of you! Beach, dancing, swimming, dress up, and magic!!! Sounds like one of the best days ever!

    We’re back to boring work tomorrow while you guys keep having fun. We’re excited for tomorrow’s adventure!

    Love,
    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Sophia It is awesome to be able to read about your adventures!! It sounds like you're having an amazing time. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks so you can tell me more. Love Auntie Sheila and Uncle Barry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jorja!
    What a jammed packed for you! You looked absolutely adorable in the Anne of Green Gables outfit. All of you did even the leaders!! Did Brad dress up too?!
    Magnetic Hill looked pretty awesome. You will have to tell me how that worked. Yes...you will be teaching us what you learned so I hope you are paying attention!
    You had a beach day! How many flips did you do? I guess not that many as you stayed close to the shore. We had a pool day today and pretty sure the boys are the darkest they have ever been. Jonathan got so much sun today that he wasn't feeling well during dinner. I think a little heat stroke. He's fine now, don't worry (pretty sure you weren't). Speaking of dinner, we went to a restaurant called Floating Restaurant. Guess what it did? Yup...it was a floating restaurant!! It overlooked the lake. It was beautiful and the food was delish! Anderson had a "cherry temple." Shoutout to Mrs. Simon (Guider Andrea) for the suggestion!!
    Tomorrow we are going to Silverwood Amusement Park and Boulder waterpark. Tell you about it later!
    Hope you are showing all those wonderful manners you have everywhere you go!! Love you so much my babe. Mom
    P.S-we have been to Starbucks twice now. You would of loved the beach, the water was so warm. I miss you a bit. Love jon jon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia - my favourite Anne of Green Gables!!! The photo looks so cool I have to take one someday. I so happy you had a chance to swim in the ocean today I know how relaxing that was for you. Enjoy Avonlea tomorrow, stay safe and happy. We love you Mama and Tata PS: Wiktor is missing you in 35% now(!) what an amazing brother!��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Zoee,

    You sure had a busy day. Magnetic Hill sounds really interesting. I would have loved to have seen it. You sure looked like you were having fun and enjoying swimming in the ocean. Can’t wait to hear about your travels.

    Love Grandma and Rose xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Love Bug.... A lobster stuffy!! I knew you would be bringing one of those home from your travels!!! I loved the picture of you dressed up like Anne!! You suite bangs and braids!!! LOL

    Every night I wait for the blog to be posted (I have never made it, as I go to bed to early LOL) so in the morning I get up and pee the dogs, make my coffee and open up my laptop just to see your pictures, see what you are doing and to see your beautiful smile. BUT tonight Tara posted earlier!!! Yeah Tara!!!

    You are seeing and doing so much!!! You got to swim in the Atlantic Ocean!!! So awesome. Keep having fun, making memories and keep taking pictures. Remember to put your chin up and smile if you need to... hint hint.

    Everyone is good here... James started a soccer camp with Paul today. I'm busy booking our airplane tickets for Victoria and then Vancouver. Grandma was over today helping me with the backyard. All dogs, cat and fish are good!! Jinx has been sleeping in the basement as it's getting hot and Tip swims and swims as soon as I walk into your bedroom. The Chipmunks are busy racing on the fence... it is sooooo cute (I left them nuts the other day).

    Hi it's James Tip is doing well, could you get me a lobster stuffy too? I miss you and I wish I was there too. See you when you get home. Luv James

    bon Noit sweet pea.... Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  19. My sweet Gillian, the pictures of today are look amazing!! So much fun! And you in the costume of Anne 😁 so sweet. I read you bought a PEI hoody. Which colour?
    Ich wünsche Dir morgen viel Spaß beim Musical. Das muss wirklich toll sein. Wir haben Dich sehr lieb ❤️❤️ Mama, Papa und Emily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Jada
    What an amazing, fun filled two days you have just had��I was really tired just reading everything you have been doing. Sounds like you have the best guide leaders going - they have planned soooo much for you- and Brad sounds like he is really having fun with all of you as well.
    When Gramma and a Poppa flew to PEI in our little plane in 2015 we stayed at a great motel in Summerside- not to far from 5h3 API
    I got place. Isn’t the red soil lovely.
    When I was 13 I went to the Maritimes with my aunt and uncle and little cousins and we saw some of the same places that you have been too. Cavendish beach is lovely. You will really love Anne of Green Gables farm tomorrow and will you see the play in Charlottetown?
    Keep having fun. Your special trip will be over soon.
    I wonder how your mom and Ben did today on the first day of their road trip.
    Much love Jada from Grandma and Poppa❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ry, so you travel all that way to go to Summerside and a beach :). How cool is that? Ceilidh and I had a beach day too. I'm back to work tomorrow, and can't wait to see you at the end of the week. Enjoy your next few days. Je t'aime beaucoup ma petite zizette. Dad

    Maya says arf arf, grrr, woof (I would like a belly rub when you are back please).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kaylee,

    I love the picture of you as Anne of Green Gables. I almost went right by you when I was looking at all the photos. Sounds like you are having a busy but fun time on your trip. Grandpa and I went to Thunder Lake today to see Uncle Bill. He is starting to feel better after his heart surgery and said to say Hi to you. Cole left today for Camp Warwa. I talked to him yesterday before he left and he said he was excited but worried about one thing. He said you told him he might have to bury something on the island and he didn't think he would like that. I am sure you know what I am talking about! Have fun and miss you lots. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kaylee, wow - you are really covering a lot of ground in a short time. I am impressed! So glad you are getting to see PEI! Grandpa spent two years working for Tourism PEI & during that time I drove every road on the Island - because it is possible! You will understand when you look at what you covered in 2 days in our smallest Province! Have a great time at Anne of Green Gables. You really looked the part!
    By the way - what do you like best - lobster or a bacon cheeseburger!
    Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Gillian and Mom.

    I have to admit, you both rocked the red braids and Anne of Green dresses. Looks like the beach was also tons of fun although I am disappointed in all of you that no one wrote ‘Maritimes 2018” in the sand. Come on.

    Gillian, I am sure you loved all the gift shops and hope that I got a keychain out of your many purchases. No? A snowglobe then? No? Fine but don’t expect anything from Europe. Just kidding ����.

    I hope that tomorrow you have lots of fun will Anne with an e. I’m sorry if the joke is lame but it’s late and I have work tomorrow.

    Goodnight and have fun tomorrow,
    Caroline and the exhausted dog, Lucky
    PS will check for dance schedule tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Tia, my darling. We miss you too! Please try to enjoy your time there as much as possible! Spend time thinking about all the fun things you’re seeing and doing instead of spending time missing us. If you were home today you would have been doing chores and putting away laundry so you didn’t miss much!

    It looks like you had fun playing in the sand today! And in the water too. There weren’t any giant sea turtles for you to step on at that beach, were there? haha just kidding!

    You looked super cute dressed up as Anne of Green Gables! That must have been so much fun.

    Drago was pretty quiet today, mostly just hid in his cave. Did I mention yesterday that he puffed out his neck? Dominic was making noise in the other room and I’m not sure if it made him nervous or what, but it looked neat. I took a picture so I can show you.

    And now your daily mommy song, to the tune of where did my little dog go (is that what it’s called? I’m not sure...)
    Oh where, oh where has my Tia girl gone?
    Oh where, oh where could she be?
    She’s in the maritimes with her girl guides
    With underwear and spending money!!

    Dad was wondering if you were glad you packed all that underwear.... hehe

    Love you lots and lots baby girl! Big hugs and kisses!

    Love From your family. You know who. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dearest, loveliest Madeline,

    Now it's our turn to say "write more!" Loved seeing the pictures of the beach adventures, you look so happy!

    We had a good visit at Quinn and Declan's house today. Everybody missed you. Declan was blowing kisses to everybody and it was really cute! Sloane accidentally sprayed everybody with the hose,ha ha.

    I'm going to try and not be super jealous all day while I know you're living out my Anne of Green Gables dream. You'd better enjoy the heck out of it for me!

    We love you lots!

    Mom, Dad and Claire

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anjou. You are such a cute Anne of Green Gables! You had another busy, busy day with so many amazing adventures! Was that big ice cream all for you or did you share?? The beach looks so inviting - it has been very hot here in Toronto. Adelaide left yesterday for a week-long camp. Today is Dylan’s birthday and I leave later tonight to go back home to Edmonton! Can’t wait to see you and hear about all your adventures. Perhaps you’ll be our tour guide when Grandpa and I travel through the Maritimes? Miss you. Love Grandma, Auntie Carly, Dylan, Eleanor, Comet, and Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks like you had another fun day! I love your Anne of Green Gables picture - so cute! I miss you too a bit, but enjoy yourself while you’re there - it’s such an amazing trip! Love you, and I’ll see you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your pictures dressed up as Anne! my favourite books! Enjoy Avonlea, it's on my bucket list!
    DDC Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Zoee,
    Wow what a busy and exciting day! So much to see. Magnetic Hill sounds very cool. And Confederation Bridge looked amazing. I loved the eight sided lighthouse and the giant lobster!!
    Did you enjoy the dancing?
    Looked like you had lots of fun swimming in the Atlantic Ocean! Was the water cold?
    We got back from camping at Rocky Mountain yesterday, it was cool and rainy all weekend. Mom got stung by a wasp while driving my quad. It went in my shirt and stung my boob! LOL. It really hurt but is kind of funny.
    Spike was yelling at us when we got home for leaving him alone for the weekend.
    It’s going to be super hot all week while we are working.
    Have fun today on your Anne of Green Gables adventures!
    What an exciting trip, so happy and excited for you and all your friends for being able to experience such an amazing adventure!
    Make sure you say Thank you to your Guiders everyday for making this trip a possibility and so much fun!!!!
    Love you lots and lots,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  31. Zoee
    PS - yes I took Teddy camping with us and cuddled with him.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anjou, I was a day ahead of myself yesterday when I posted about Anne of GG, nuts! I love that you guys got some time at the beach and in the ocean. Now all we have to do is get you out to Vancouver so you can dip your toes in the pacific ocean (and eat lobster, mussels, and other seafood too!)! I’m pretty sure that guider Andrea said that she would love to have you perform a concert in her house with that slide whistle she told us you bought yesterday. I think she can’t wait!! Actually, we could also bring over your accordion and guitars for her kids to play so you guys could put together a band.
    Dad, Yanick, and I went to the lake for a couple day trips this weekend, it’s been hot here too! We got to hop on the boat and go for some spins around the lake while pulling the tube. Super fun! Can’t wait to see more pictures and adventures, keep ‘me coming!
    Love you so much! Xxoo mom, dad, Yanick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. You make a super cute Anne of Green Gables my sunshine.

      Delete
  33. Kaylee,

    Wow that looks like one jam packed day! When is the relaxing day coming? Oh right...when you get home!

    I got back from Big Valley yesterday afternoon and went out to see the ponies for our lessons. Before I grabbed Teeka, I went out to visit Capone. He made friends with a grey in that pen that I don't recognize. They were munching on some grass together. I fed him a carrot and gave him some good cuddles. Of course he tried nibbling my shirt, my pants, Teeka's halter, my hair..pretty much everything! I am going out today to ride him. It has been quite a while since I rode him and he hasn't had a ride for a week so it should be really interesting!

    I loved your swimsuit in your pictures yesterday! Obviously you couldn't find your bottoms in your bag! It gave me a good laugh.

    Your brother is off at Camp Warwa. Poor guy was so terrified to go he was crying the night before and do you know why? Because he is so worried about pooping in a hole. OMG Kaylee - your story completely terrified him. I have been checking the pictures on Facebook of him and he has lots of smiles though so hopefully he isn't worried about the island poop right now!

    Miss and love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well Ben just heard presents and went wild. That looked like the coolest day ever! LOVED seeing my little Anne girl in so many pictures. Finally a beach swim..that must have made you so happy and you can answer the question about which ocean is warmer.

    Ben and I head for our dinosaur hike today and it is 33 degrees...should be interesting.

    Enjoy Anne today my lovely Jada Ann!

    Kisses and hugs....we love you.
    Mom (Jennifer Ann)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Madison WOW swimming in the ocean I’m so jealous! The Cow ice cream looked amazing. The bus driving it self at Magnetic Hill so cool! Dancing on stage that must have been fun! Cant wait to see more tomorrow. Love your GBFF Deb and Don

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Madison,

    Looks like you have another very busy fun filled day. I know you were looking forward to swimming at the beach looks like you had a blast. Love the new kitty ears you bought. Make sure you dress up like Anne today for Mama. Enjoy PEI can’t wait to see today’s pictures. Love you lots.

    Love Mom & Dad ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Simone,
    How cold was the water in the Ocean compared to the Caribbean? Celeste will love the sea shells to add her to collection. I cannot wait to play golf with you next weekend. That was so cool you got to dress up like Anne today. That was one massive lobster. Did you listen to Rock Lobster on the bus before seeing it?
    I will buy you some new pink golf balls that way your brother does not steal them from your bag!
    What has been you favourite experience thus far? Or has the whole thing been outstanding?
    I cannot wait to see you this Friday.
    Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  38. i miss you very much SIMONE
    Love,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  39. Jessica Blicharz7 August 2018 at 08:22

    Dear,Patrycja it looks like you are having a lot of fun. I miss you a lot. I can’t wait till you get home. I am not lazy at all. From: the best sister in the whole wide world Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  40. Greetings Courtney (and Suzanne too), It appears that you all enjoyed another mediocre day in paradise. Swimming in the ocean must have been a hoot. Gift shops galore and Courtney, Grandpa can’t wait to see his present. He is such a little kid when it comes to getting gifts. I call him “Mr. Poopy Pants” when he acts like that, but I just think it, I don’t really say it out loud! BTW, we love the photos of everyone dressed up as Anne. You make a great Anne - so beautiful. Lots of love, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good morning Jorja,

    I've heard of the Confederation Bridge before but I'm not sure I've seen pictures so I looked it up quickly. It's amazing! It must have been a great experience to drive across it?

    The beach looked like it would have been a lot of fun for you and the girls and I bet the water would have been refreshing on a hot day. Was the water cold?

    You looked good dressed up as Anne of Green Gables. Did they have an outfit for everyone to wear at the same time? Were there 30 Anne of Green Gables running around waiting for pictures??

    Also, did you ask Mrs. Simon if she needed the wig or if she just braided her own hair?

    I'm back at work today after the long weekend, but already can't wait for the weekend coming up and to see you Friday.

    Enjoy your day!

    Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Heyo MonieBambonie. It's yo girl, Celeste, here brighten your day. Mum sent me a pic of you dressed as Anne and you looked so adorable! Did you play any songs on the jukebox? Did it have Elvis? I would have picked can't help falling in love or jailhouse rock. Did you have fun at the beach? Thank you so much for grabbing me some shells, but don't forget to grab some for yourself. You are so lucky to be there and you look like you are having an awesome time. Joke of the day: What did the clownfish say to the clown? Nothing, they were just CLOWNING around.
    Looks like i'm FINished. I love and miss you and mum. Bye Bye

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dear Tia: You looked so cool as Anne! I love reading those books. And the picture of the giant lobster was so funny. You will personally know so much about the Maritimes that we have only read about. Not long till you will be home from your great adventure. We are looking forward to seeing you. Love Nana and Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow Ava! You have definitely seen and experienced a lot in the past few days. I loved how cute you looked as Anne of Green Gables. I am so very happy that you and your friends are having such a wonderful time and the weather looks like it's been cooperating as well. Wished I could have shared your lobster with you, since it looked like you weren't too impressed with it! And your Aunty Romy loves lobster. :) Continue having fun everyday and be grateful for this once in a lifetime adventure. You will look back with many fond memories for years and years to come. Stay safe and enjoy!

    Love ~ Aunty Romy

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Ella Bella
    I counted at least 9 fabulous things you did today - Paoa and I would be exhausted with any 2 of them! Loved the bridge picture - brings back memories for us and you sure looked happy on the beach and swimming in the lovely Atlantic. You and Coralynn will be happy to know that we had a man come over yesterday and fixed the squeaks in the floor! No more complaints about the noise when you are trying to sleep. Hugs to our 2 little pumpkins. Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello Tia! I’m at the pool right now watching Dominic’s swim lessons. It’s clothing day and we actually remembered this time! You know how someone pooped (or puked) in the pool at his first class? It happened again in the 3rd class - right near the start! So they stayed in the dive tank the rest of the class. :) too many little kid classes running at the same time I guess! Haha
    Love you Tia doodle chicken noodle!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Carys Maren Simon,
    Hi Carys, it's Campbell. No, we did not receive your rock climbing video. I kind of don't believe you even went rock climbing. Perhaps it was all just a dream... Our furniture has not arrived yet. Although Dad had our light installed, we are still waiting for the dressers. Does anyone miss you? Hold one a second - we will take a poll... MacLean: "no", Campbell: "no", Bennett: believe it or not, "sure". And of course Dad misses you. Lastly, who has been occupying your room? Well, nobody with an actual heart beat. Just a few million stuffies that we need to get rid of!!! We are going to throw them all out in the garbage before you get home. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise? Just kidding...

    Now it's Mom's turn (from Campbell). Hi Mom. I miss you. I hope you are having a good trip. I love you. Campbell.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hey Ella, it’s your dad!
    It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I’m so glad and proud that you decided to take on this eastern trip! Anyways have tons of fun! Love you to pieces, lots of hugs and kisses xoxoxoxoxo , see you soon and be careful �� dad

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hey Farty McFarterson a.k.a Alex,

    I didnt get a chance to write a blog yesterday before you guys read them because i was at work and i cant but i did text a message to guider Suzanne so i hope she read it to you. Please let me know if she did!

    It sure looks like you guys did ALOT today - a day jam packed full of fun!! I didnt even recognize my little Dilly Wallop in the Anne dress up picture when i first looked at them. I looked again closer up and loved your picture, it was soooo cutie coo.

    I hope my gummy pop is having a great time, how was the dancing? Aunty Mandy used to take highland dancing when she was young and was in competitions that she won!!! Cool huh

    how was the swimming? We also went there swimming when we visited grandma and grandpa when Syd was 1- long time ago!!
    Thats why we would love to go back sometime.

    Ok my stinky skunk head i better go for now, but know that i love my Oompa Loompa and cant wait to see you in 4 more

    love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  50. Dear Patrycja, I hope that you and your friends have a wonderfull time. I am really happy for you, every day I am really impressed with what you have seen in such a short time ! Love auntie Paulina PS: You look great in red plaits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hey Alex it's dad. You have created a monster!! Mom is now racking her mind, which I think is starting to slip, coming up with nick names. She is doing it to everyone now.....pookey bear!! Really. It looks like you are having so much fun. I really want to go back to the maritimes now. Just thinking about the lobster mmmmmm. ok gotta go we need to run some errands love you have a great adventure today. Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Gillian and Kathy, I'm sorry the response is so late - it felt like I only responded to you last night, and yet I can't seem to see it anywhere. I hope you got it! Sounds like yesterday was pretty special - Gillian you look good as a red head! Did you know your great grandma Bayford was nicknamed "Red" for that reason? I'm glad you got a chance to swim in the Atlantic Ocean - that is something I haven't done! What did you have at the Starlight Diner for dinner? I hope mom is getting her fix of seafood all along the way. Have you developed a taste for lobster, clams or scallops yet?

    I hope that you are having a wonderful time and go easy on the gift shops! There is still a few more days to go! We miss you here and we are looking forward to hearing all about your favorite things you did in person. xoxxo Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Gillian (again...) I am also going to need more explanation about the magnetic hill deal - what's up? Love Dad PS I liked your joke :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Patrycja, I'm glad you had another day full of adventures! You looked like Annie in this costume. I send photos to grandma Basia to Poland she is delighted with the landscapes. Maybe one day we will go on a family trip and invite grandmother Basia. Today, with Aunt Aga, we're going to the beach! We love you and see you!

    ReplyDelete
  55. TIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! We love yooooouuuuu!!!
    Smoochy woochy kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
  56. Miss Courtney this all looks amazing! I love the picture of you buried in the sand and I am a bit jealous of all you got to do and see at Avonlea since it was closed when I was there. The magnetic hill looks very cool. I’m not sure why but leader Suzanne said I should write “poopy pants” in my post. I think she just wants to make sure I am reading everything. Good for you for knowing it is always right to wear a bike helmet when riding. The beach looks fantastic and I wish it was here because today was very hot and it is only supposed to get hotter this week. Love you lots (to the moon and back) and miss you more! I hope every adventure only gets better. Aunty Boo

    ReplyDelete
  57. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi Ryleigh. How amazing is that beach? So much fun, laughter and great memories to bring home with you. Enjoy each and every moment. I like your new hat. The perfect fit and colour. Thinking of you and smiling. Sent with lots of love, Bubbie.

    ReplyDelete

Day 9 - Halifax again!

It was definitely a "full circle" to be returning back to Halifax Harbour today on day 9; the same location we visited on the mor...