Sunday, 5 August 2018

Day 5 - Hopewell Rocks

Today was broken into just two pieces...Fit Rocks indoor rock climbing and Hopewell Rocks!

We got to "sleep in" a little bit; meaning we didn't have to wake the kids up until 8a.m.  Lol!  The indoor rock climbing gym was a big hit!  There were ample rock climbing routes to try out in varying difficulties.  The girls were rockstars; even those who were concerned about heights, gave it a shot.  We were so proud of their abilities AND the fact that the employees commented that they'd never seen such a well behaved or well mannered large group of kids before.  Yay us!  In addition to the regular rock climbing routes, there was also a climbing wall with an auto belay system which girls used to race each up to the top and back down again.  Finally, there was a video game system on a rock climbing wall.  Girls who played on it were able to send videos of themselves home to their parents; perhaps you received a video email from your daughter today!




































We departed Saint John afterwards to begin our drive to Hopewell Rocks.  Along the way, we made two stops; one at a viewpoint in Fundy National Park and a second one at Kate's Bake Shop in Alma.  The fog had lifted and the expansive view of the Bay of Fundy was awe-inspiring.  It was neat to think that we'd stopped multiple times along the Bay of Fundy (at varying locations) in the past few days; once at Digby, then at Brier Island, the Reversing Falls in Saint John, Fundy National Park in New Brunswick and then at Hopewell Rocks.  The stop at Kate's Bake Shop was recommended by our bus driver, Brad.  He has often stopped there with tours in the past.  They're known for their "world famous" sticky buns (cinnamon buns).  We pre-ordered and when we picked them up they were still warm!  Yum!









We arrived at Hopewell Rocks at about 1:30p.m. and planned to stay for a full six hours to see the changing of the tide.  The girls couldn't figure out how we'd fill 6 hours but, as usual, the time passed really quickly!  We met our tour guide, Ally,  for a two hour guided tour which began in the interpretive centre with an explanatory talk and some videos.  The girls learned:

  • it's six hours and 13 minutes between high and low tide (and there never is a slack tide)
  • the tide rises by about 1 foot every minute
  • the high tide today was 39 ft.
  • the amount of water that fills the Bay of Fundy at high tide each day is equal to the cumulative total flow of water over Niagara Falls for 1 year & 9 months!  Crazy!!!
  • one of the main factors of the tide is the moon (& sun)
After, we drove down to the sea level and walked out onto the ocean floor (the tide was beginning its return) but there was plenty of time to check out all of the coves, take pictures with both the ocean and the rock formations, put your toes in the water, throw rocks, skip rocks, etc.  We enjoyed a BBQ for supper and then the gift shop before returning to observe the high tide.  It was incredible!  Places on the beach where we'd be standing mere hours ago, were now completed covered over with ocean water!  In fact, you couldn't even get down all of the observation deck stairs anymore due to the height of the water!  It was a really interesting natural phenomenon to see!







































After Hopewell Rocks, we began our drive to Moncton for our stay for the night.  Tomorrow, we're off to Magnetic Hill, Jourimain Nature Centre for a Lighthouse Tour, Confederation Bridge, Shopping (this time in PEI... I'm sure their gift shops are different - NOT.  Lol.), a music concert, National Park, and Avonlea Village... woa!  It's going to be quite the day!  































53 comments:

  1. "Since you were hurt"? What exactly does that mean? You should never start a message to your mom with "since I was hurt" then not explain! Remember you don't have to spend all of your money! I don't have any specific request other than save your money if you don't find anything worth it. Remember how hard you had to work for that money? Remember how hard you worked cleaning my car or selling cookies? I am pretty sure you are trying to get me to say what I just did so you can laugh at me! Sounds like another very fun day. Will send you an update tomorrow with pony details! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow Leopard (aka Sue)5 August 2018 at 23:12

    Sounds like such a fun day! One question for Gillian and Carys (and the other guides from 177) - did Guider Kathy's (and maybe Andrea's) ABBA singing compare to our camp performances of Time Warp or YMCA? I'm sad I missed that!
    It's so great to see the pictures and read about your adventures. Seeing the low/ high tides is amazing isn't it?!?! Enjoy heading to the Island - one of my most favorite places to be.
    �� Snow Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ryleigh. We got back from Drumheller today, it was really cool. We tried to replicate the Brownies itinerary for Ceilidh. I'll let her tell you about it. Maya was really excited that we were back, she misses you and I'm sure will "aye aye aye" when you are back.
    And did I read your note right, you have a new hat because you "barfed" on your other one? If so, oh no ��.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a day, Paige and Moira. All you girls are so athletic. I love the Bay of Fundy too.

    I can just feel your brains
    s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g - you are seeing, doing , learning so many new things.

    Your guiders have put so much work into this, especially the warm sticky buns of course!

    I wait every day to read your stories, see the amazing photos- tomorrow looks super busy but you HAVE to report because this Grammy has never been to PEI .

    Love you buckets - Grammy K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ry Ry,

    What a great day! Rock climbing looked like so much fun! I absolutely loved seeing the pictures of the high and low tide. When you were out there during low tide what did you see on the ocean floor?

    Ceilidh loved Drumheller, I'll let her tell you more about it. She said her favorite part was Hoodoos. I think I answered your question I had a hard time reading your note tonight.

    Ryleigh I am super excited for you as you head to PEI I know this was the place you were most excited about visiting. I know after reading the whole Anne of Green Gables series you have a vision in your mind if what it looks like. I can't wait to hear if it lives up to your imagination.

    Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another amazing day! I love learning things through this blog!

    - Guider Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Madison you had another busy day. The rock climbing look fun. And the low tide with all of the caves. So much to do and those sticky buns looked soooo good yummy. Have fun tomorrow having more aw some adventures. Love your GBFF Deb and Don too

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! I love it! How were the “world famous” sticky buns? Must’ve been great a they are world famous after all! :)

    I’m glad you enjoyed the rock climbing, and once again the Bay of Fundy sounds amazing. Have s good day!!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jada...the upside down hanging from the wall photo suits you perfect! Loved it! Also heard some periwinkle kingdom building was happening....sounds excellent and hope you got a picture.

    I cleaned fluffy's cage today and Ben played with her - she is very happy but misses your cuddles (so do I)
    Have fun tomorrow...so excited and jealous for PEI. Ben and I head off on our Alberta adventure tomorrow...first stop Dinosaur Provincial Park and it's supposed to be over 30 degrees...yay

    By the way --- loved the blue shirts yesterday:)

    Lots of love, hugs and kisses
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alexa!!! Did you sing ABBA songs on the bus?? I love ABBA! The rock climbing looks amazing!, did you get to the top? The cinnamon buns look delicious, put one in your pocket for Logi, ha ha! Have you spent all your money yet?
    Love you and miss you!
    PS writing in pen is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Auntie Jennifer Bridle5 August 2018 at 23:33

    You should ask Guider Kathy about rockin' out to Shania Twain!!! I can just imagine her groovin' to ABBA and the Mama Mia soundtrack! The Hopewell Rocks sound amazing. So cool that in one, rather short period of time, you walked on the ocean floor and then it was covered with water. Wow! Can't wait to hear how everyone likes the Confederation Bridge and Avonlea Village.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ella! I love your new red sweatshirt! Presents?? Did you say Presents? I love presents! Glad you are having fun shopping and spending some of your hard earned money.

    It is really neat to see the pics of the tide coming in. After we watched the video at one of the planning meetings, it’s so cool to know you were standing in the same spot today! Very cool indeed. I hope to stand there one day too!

    Rock climbing looked really fun. We will have to go here in Edmonton again when you get home. Maybe take some of your Guide friends as you are all pros now.

    Speaking of which...a quick note to Coralynn - way to go!! I know you were nervous about this day before you left but I read your note and saw your pic. Great job being brave and going for it! You go girl :)

    Hi to Courtney too! I have seen so many pics of your beautiful smiling face! I remember when you were a little Spark...so shy and nervous to try new things. Look at you now! Travelling across the country!! Super proud of you and hope you are having a fun time! Keep being adventurous and trying new things - you rock!

    Ella, the boys are doing much better today. We went for a walk to feed the ducks and guess what I saw...Mitch the muskrat, his wife and their 2 babies were on the shore! Of course I didn’t have my phone (for once! Lol) to take a pic, but I’m sure we’ll see them again. Momma muskrat and the 2 fuzzy brown babies need names. I’ll leave it up to you to send some ideas! Picture big fuzzy brown mice with long tails...not going to lie...they freaked me out a little. But all animals are cute in their own way!

    Have a great day tomorrow! Love and miss you tons. Glad you aren’t homesick. I’m not surprised, you guys are too busy to be! Lol

    Love you,
    Mom

    PS - how about 3 cheers for Bus Driver Brad?!! Thanks for taking such good care of our precious cargo.


    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Paige and Moira, you had another amazing day! We know you both love love love rock climbing! Sorry my writing has been short, I dropped my phone playing frisbee golf and my screen is very smashed, making it hard to see if my typing is correct. Wow that is so amazing how fast the tide comes in and out. We are in Calgary tonight. I start my new job on Tuesday so we will be home to settle in tomorrow. Dad and I love you very much! We miss you but are so happy for you that you are having so many great experiences. XoXO

    Love you
    Mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia- Another interesting day! I’m waiting the whole day wondering what you will learn and see this time! The low and high tides are so cool, we have to go there together one day!
    Have a great day tomorrow. Avonlea, Green Gables are very special places for me - this is my favourite book from childhood!! Please take a lot of photos there and most of all - have fun!!!
    We miss you! Love Mama and Tata.
    PS: today we were watching movie in the outside car theatre!!!! What an amazing experience! We will be back here with you one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Girlie Girlo,
    I sure miss you! Sounds like you are having quite a trip, I’m so envious I’m not there with you. Speaking of rock climbing, today Drew and I went into an Alpine Lake...we did awesome for a couple of city boys...the elevation gain from the trailhead was over 1600ft in 3.5kms. We hiked to the ridge of a mountain ⛰ and looked for miles at lakes far below and clouds that looked like you reach out and touch...mountain peak after mountain peak, so incredible. I am really scared I won’t be able to walk tomorrow! I’m so exhausted, Haven’t done that much physical activity in years.
    The little lake at the bottom of the peak had small Cuthroat trout that frustrated us while Drew practiced casting a fly.
    Eli and Jasper are watching a friends dog ๐Ÿ• and his name is Chubaka. He’s awesome and I think Drew might be in love with him. Chubaka came hiking with us and chased mice and pikas all over the mountain.
    Tonight we ate sushi ๐Ÿฃ in Kimberly and I tried a new roll that was called CrazyRoll...it was awesome and I crushed 12 pieces in addition to the dynamite roll and gyoza and tempura I ordered. Can’t wait to see what you do tomorrow! Hug your Mom please. I love you and miss you!
    Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonjour Sienna,
    It's wonderful that you got to see low and high tide at Hopewell Rocks ! And climbing looked like fun ! Glad you got to the top !! Not too much work, we hope ! So off to PEI tomorrow ! Tell your bus driver Brad not to go too fast over the Confederation Bridge or he will get a speeding ticket like your mother did !! ;( Meanwhile at home , it was a hot day at the Heritage Festival . We hope you are using your towel and water spray as they would have been very useful . B had quite the cheering section and he performed really well. He even got onto Master Jeon's shoulders !! Have you bought anything exciting ! Maybe a shirt ?! PEI should provide a lot of gift shopping opportunities !! Love you , MDB

    ReplyDelete
  17. dearest Paige and Moira.

    You guys are freaking awesome. Mom and I are in Calgary. Grandma figured out how to write on the blog tonight so hopefully she will add a letter too. I sent you a long message but you might not have gotten it in time tonight. So I am going to sit down for the next three hours and write a massive Essay on how much we love you and how excited we are to see your photos. Just kidding, I love you guys to death but I write really long essays and I’m not going to make your guiders read it all out loud. It was my understanding that we were supposed to keep our comments reasonable, so I’m not going to sing songs or other random crap in here.

    Moira, I LOVE your messsage. It has made my grinchy heart at least 7 sizes larger. I will be your superhero ninja turtle forever. I am honoured you addressed your letter to me today.

    Paigebot, writing, writing, essay, short story, novel about really stinky farts, reading, writing, another long story about how much I love you both. Let’s just say that the more I write the more boring I will probably get. So I will leave it here and let you know that your mom and I are loving your adventures and are trying to plan a few more exciting ones for the rest of the summer.

    Love, mom and dad!

    Ps. You both need to make bestest friends with the girl who drew the disco ball. She is wise beyond her years and knows how to party.
    Pps. LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ppps. Mom bought me the coolest underwear ever. They have planets and aliens and meteors on them. I bought the coolest socks ever. They have a beaver carrying spears and writing a Canada goose into battle.

      Delete
  18. Tia, my little snicker doodle chicken noodle! Sounds like you had a great day! I’m glad you picked a close island to get stranded on instead of one that was far away. And that you left before it disappeared! It must have been so neat watching the tide come in and seeing the area slowly fill up with water! In one of the pictures it looks like you may have found another snail friend too! Looks like it was a lot of fun.
    I definitely loved the rock climbing video, that was a nice surprise in my email! :)
    I see you got a new hat! I love the bright yellow colour. Good choice!
    Hopefully your camera still has lots of room left for pictures! If you run out, you can always get another memory card. Don’t slow down taking pictures if you don’t have to, I’m so excited to see pictures you’ve taken of everything! :)
    We’re missing you a bunch, but we can see you’re having a lot of fun and it makes us so happy ❤️
    We love you through and through!! Xoxoxo

    Love,
    Mom, Dad, Dom and Drago

    Hah I bet you thought I forgot your song..... nope!

    Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my daaaaaarling Tia girl!
    How I love you, and I miss you, oh my darling Tia girl

    Smoochie woochies!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gilly and mom.

    Glad that today was fun. I’m sure mom loved the disco party with ABBA. Looks like G had a ton of fun rock climbing and the rest of your day looked like so much fun.

    To give you a quick update about home - Dad and I have been watching a ton of movies. This weekend I have watched Iron Man, Doctor Strange and Captain America for the first time. Also tonight we watched The Fellowship ofnthe ring. After the 3 and a half hours of that, we are headed to bed and watching the next two tomorrow.

    Keep having fun and do be scared to write more than a few words.

    Anyway, love you lots
    -Caroline and Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Anjou! Another fun filled day! Rock climbing - WOW! You had no trouble climbing that wall! I bet you didn’t like that sticky bun - I could have eaten that for you... How cool that you experienced low and high tide at the Bay of Fundy! The water that comes in for high tide is almost the amount of water that you use for your shower! Ending the day with ABBA would be awesome - you know all the words, and the dance moves too! We are EXHAUSTED after reading all that you have done each day...we just need to rest! Hope you had a good sleep. Miss you lots! Love from all of us here in Toronto! Hugs from Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Tia, Getting stranded on the mini island sounds scary! Glad you figured out a way to save yourself! Tides are tricky. You are sure learning a lot.
    Love Nana and Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Simone,
    The rock climbing wall looked like fun. Did you try going down face first? I cannot believe the water rises a foot per minute. Did you think it was going to fill back up? At least you slept in yesterday as I would be exhausted from all of these travels. You are learning so much about our beautiful east coast that maybe you will want to go to school there! That thought will make mummy sick to her stomach... Can't wait to see you and take in every last minute of this awesome adventure.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kaylee, I think I am seeing a pattern where you don't talk at all about the day!

    :)

    Seems like the Bay of Fundy was super cool. Did you enjoy it? How was rock climbing? Did you make it to the top? (Or, is that where you got hirt)

    I just sent Cole to Camp Warwa today. He misses you and is a bit scared to be on his own. In the end it'll be good for him...

    Finally, forget what your mom says about money. I want gifts!!!

    Love Dad
    (Just kidding about gifts, but it would be cool to have a shot glass from the maritimes).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Madison,

    Another busy fun filled day you must be falling into bed exhausted each night. Rock climbing looked like fun and the low and high tide would have been so neat to see. I hope you are getting lots of pictures to share with us when you get home. Magnetic Hill today that will be very cool to see. Hope your having a blast. Love you lots.

    Love Mom & Dad ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anjou, OMG I saw pictures of you without your hat! And... other girls took their hats off for pictures too. We started a trend! Yesterday was totally up your alley, climbing rocks, visiting rocks and playing with rocks. Bet there’s a rock in your suitcase already isn’t there? Your day looked like it was so much fun and full of giggles!
    I’ve always wanted to see where Anne of Green Gables was set and visit PEI, it looked so pretty in the movie. You will have to breathe it all in for me and take a pile of pictures so you can share what it was like with me. I can’t believe how fast the days have gone by, only a few more adventures left and you’ll be back on the plane again. Are we going to be able to hold back the travel bug in you after this??! Tu peux รฉcrire tes pensers en franรงais si c’est plus facile ร  soir. Gros bisous!! Mom et Dad

    ReplyDelete
  26. Greetings Monie! Poogie here again, wanting to know all the news. Was rock climbing fun? Did you make it to the top? Did you dominate the competition? I know you don't really like cinnamon buns, but, did you enjoy the ones at the bakery? Did you get splashed by water? We went golfing yesterday and saw the teen titans go movie, it was pretty good. We've also been eating a lot of junk food (and some healthy food, don't worry mum). Joke of the day: What does a rock genie always say? I will GRANITE your wish.
    Yeah I was on the rocks with that one. I love you and I miss you sooooo much. Bye Bye

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aunt Julie and Nana6 August 2018 at 09:23

    Hi Miss Monie, still laughing at your comment on Malcolm doing research. The only thing he researches is girls. Love the video on you rock climbing and those sticky buns look so yummy. We miss you lots. Love Nana and Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Courtney, Well, another awesome day for all of you yesterday! Grandpa and I always sit together to read the blog. Please tell Tara that the blog is so fantastic - such a good description of everything. I mentioned to Grandpa that if we ever get to go the Maritimes I would like to retrace the steps that you girls have taken, except maybe for the indoor rock climbing. He said, “Yes, the sticky buns sound really good”. He’s funny! Actually, the tide change is what really, really interested us and discovering what is left behind when the tide goes out. It sounds like quite an exploration of the ocean floor. We love seeing all the photos. Love and hugs to you and give your Mom a hug too! Love Grandma and Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Jorja!
    Rock climbing looked super fun! I saw your video and you looked like you were climbing the wall like a pro. Way to go!
    High and low tide would have been so fascinating to see. Like daddy would say "science!" I am surprised you did not write that on your daily sheet. Speaking of that daily sheet....can you please write more?! I want to hear more from you and in your own writing what you think of your experiences. Pretty please with a cherry on top? Thanks sweetpea!
    Those sticky buns looked amazingly delicious. Good suggestion Brad!
    Yesterday we spent our day about an hour away from Sandpoint in a place called Cour D'Alene. We did some shopping at Macy's, Ross and Target. Guider Andrea would have probably bought the whole store if she was at Target!! I bought you something and hope it fits. After shopping we spent the day at the lake and made an huge sandcastle. I think Teta and I were more into it. It had doors and bridges and pathways. It was so fun. We later walked to a dock were daddy and I took a picture before we had you guys! Jonathan jumped off the
    that dock many times. I am sure you would have been right there with him. The boys are super tanned....you may not recognize them!!
    Love seeing pictures of your smiling face. Miss you to the moon and back infinity times. Can't beat that now!!
    Love, Mom. Xoxooxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello from across the country, this is mAlCoLm your favorite sibling/brother. How are you? I hope you have been good, you look like you are having lots of fun. I can't wait for you to come home, I have had no one to just chill with. Can you hurry home so we can play video games and go to the park. I really miss you. By the way how was rock climbing? I haven't gone rock climbing in forever. How high did you climb up? Did you try and climb upside-down? And was the ocean cold? That water kind of looked darker so I assume its cold. That weather didn't look great either but Im not there so how could I tell. Was that a cave? Did you get to go inside cause that looks so cool. I got to go Simone, Im heading out to go golfing. Bye love you, get some rest <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Pati, It looks like another wonderful day full of adventures ! Rock climbing yeah of course Jessica was jealous - this is her favourite activity. I hope you enjoyed! We painted your room an we chose your favorite colour -hot PINK - hehe I'm just joking:) You will see what we change when you are back.
    Miska and Coco had a lot of fun yesterday. They were swimming in the big lake. Have a great day today. Remember ,,Anne of Green Gables" it is my favourite book. Please take a lot of photos there and buy some gift for me of course !! LOve you - buziaczki - mom.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Madeline,
    Looks like another fun day. Instead of enjoying a fun day like you, I will be mowing the lawn today. That rise in the tide is something to see. That is something I wish I could see one day. Nature's wonders are pretty amazing. When you get back you'll have to come out and pick raspberries and peas and carrots from our garden. They are growing well this year. I hope you have another great day today. Love, Grandpa Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  33. Madeline,
    I just love reading about your adventures and seeing all of the pictures!! What a wonderful experience to witness the tides rising. That must have been amazing to see. My mouth is watering thinking about the warm sticky buns you all were able to enjoy...yummy!! I'm excited for you to see Confederation Bridge. It is amazing and sooooo long. We love you and hope that you all have another great day. Love Grandma Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Love Bug.... I love all of the pictures that are posted each night on the blog, and seeing you having so much fun. I would expect nothing else than for you to climb up that rock wall like a spider!!! LOL I can't wait to hear about the Bay Fundy... that must have been AMAZING to experience.

    Tip is doing really well. I'm sitting on your bed as I type this with Zoe and Marley right beside me. Tip see's us and he has twice now puffed up and given us a bit of a show. I think Zoe has figured out there is a fish in the tank!! Marely is more interested in trying to get ahold of the fish food!!

    James had a sleep over at Grandma's last night - so it was just me and all of the animals last night. Tell Mrs. Simon to plug her ears - we have 3 little chipmunks that keep running around in our back yard, one came right up to the back door when Zoe and I were standing there, she quickly ran away and Zoe jumped the wire fence like a deer to go get her, But the chipmunk won.

    Keep having fun love bug... take it all in. So proud of you and everything you are seeing, learning and experiencing on this adventure with all of your Guide Friends.

    Love Mom and the gang xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Gillian and Kathy, I’m so glad you had a great day at the rocks - thank you for the dance pose picture. I’m not exactly sure how to comment on the giant disco ball but I’m guessing you had fun dancing?! Go easy on the gift shops too - you didn’t have much left for weight :).

    I wanted to share Grandma House’s comments for you too - Love you lots xox Dad

    I have been following the blog and so happy that you are having fun and seeing so many great places. Enjoyed the photos of the whales. Mike and Caroline came for supper and we talked about your trip. Miss you both๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  36. Miss Maddy Boo,

    Claire has been taking good care of your stuff and we definitely haven't cleaned your room and thrown everything away so don't worry! ;)

    We've been spending quiet days together this long weekend before Dad starts his new job tomorrow. I think he's nervous and excited for a new adventure.

    Your friends and family are missing you here! Today we're going to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa Layton's 40th anniversary at Auntie Natalie and Uncle Travis's house. It looks like the weather will be nice for it.

    The high and low tide looked really cool. I hope you're having fun exploring and learning. I love your daily notes and we're excited to see what kind of interesting pictures you're taking on your phone. Remember, not just blurry pictures of you and your friends on the bus!

    We love you!

    Mom, Dad and Claire

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Anjou! Looks like you're having an amazing trip! I'm all caught up on your activities to date, and wow are you getting to see lots. The rock climbing looked fun, as did the whale watching, and well...everything. I hope your interview will be posted online so I can listen. Hope you have a fun time in Moncton and PEI today. Can't wait to hear all about it when you're home. Love, Uncle Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Ella:
    You were in Alma! Papa and I stayed there at a B&B and witnessed the incredible changing tides you witnessed at Hopewell Rocks. You will never look at ocean waters again without remembering this incredible day! Again, good journaling. Love the picture of you on the climbing wall! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the Confederation Bridge. Hugs and kisses - Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  39. Careezmo Seemono,
    Thanks for using so many colours in your "Today was fabulous because" post - I think you may have blinded us with all of those colours and we will no longer be able to read anything - ever, again... Thanks! See how many more colours you can use next time. Rock climbing looked like a lot of fun - you looked like you were super high up there - I thought you were going to try to pop out the roof of the building. Nice work! You know who really "loves" heights - me (your Dad). I think if I was as high as you were, I might have peed a little bit in my pants - that's how much I love heights... Please don't share that with anyone though. Not sure if you sent those lobsters home to us yet - we keep checking the mail and the front door step every day, but still nothing... Did you use the correct address? Where are they? Perhaps your Mom ate them before they were even sent out. In all seriousness, we love you and miss you - some of us even miss the dinners you cook every night at home. Love you turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi RyRy, the museum was really cool, and I really liked the hotel because the pool had a waterslide that went outside the building and then came back in. I'll tell you more about Drumheller when you get home. Love you and miss you. I'm still sleeping in your bed. Hehe
    PS, I'm giving you a hint of your other gift. It's sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ahoy Jorjy,
    Looking good on that climbing wall! If you and I raced to the top, who do you think would win? I have longer arms so probably me!?
    As Mommy said, SCIENCE! Those low tide pools would have been so cool. Were you conducting some sort of high level science experiment with that seaweed on your head? You'll have to share your findings when you get home.
    I hope the adventures keep coming and that you're having fun seeing new things.
    Love you.

    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi zo zo
    The tide pictures are so amazing!! That must have been spectacular to see.
    Rock climbing looked like so much fun!
    We really miss you too
    Have fun today! Looking forward to your comments and all the pictures!!
    Love you lots
    Mom, Dad, Skipper and Spike

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hallo meine SรผรŸe...Ich freu mich so sehr das du so viel SpaรŸ hast und in klettern ist du ja schon fast ein Profi. The ocean looks so beautiful and i‘m So happy you can experience everything with your friends. We are at the beach right now. Summer is leaving tomorrow and she says HI❤️๐Ÿ˜ we all muss you
    Mom๐Ÿ˜❤️๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  44. Michele Schuldhaus6 August 2018 at 14:11

    Dear Miss Mouse,

    Another amazing day in the maritimes! I bet you loved the rock climbing. I take it from your note that it was a very looooong day and maybe not your favourite? I love seeing the pictures of you and your friends and all of the adventures you're having.

    I'm at the lake today and it is hot with Miss Jill and Auntie Annette. I just went for a 1.5 hour kayak so my arms are a little tired. Maggie has been swimming like crazy she loves the water.

    Daddy will get home late tonight. Miss you and love you tons, Mom xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  45. Michele Schuldhaus6 August 2018 at 14:55

    Dear Miss Mouse,

    Another amazing day in the maritimes! I bet you loved the rock climbing. I take it from your note that it was a very looooong day and maybe not your favourite? I love seeing the pictures of you and your friends and all of the adventures you're having.

    I'm at the lake today and it is hot with Miss Jill and Auntie Annette. I just went for a 1.5 hour kayak so my arms are a little tired. Maggie has been swimming like crazy she loves the water.

    Daddy will get home late tonight. Miss you and love you tons, Mom xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dear miss Courtney
    It looks like you are having an amazing time. The pictures of you and your friends are fabulous. I love getting to read about your adventures. I love you lots and miss more. Aunty Boo

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Alexa
    It sounds like you're having a great time, bring me back a cinnamon bun
    love you Pogi

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi sweet Ryleigh. WOW! You are having such a wonderful adventure. I am looking forward to hearing all about it all. For now, I am enjoying all these wonderful photos. P. E. I. here you come. Enjoy it all. Lots of hugs and kisses from Bubbie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was actually form Mom

      Delete
  49. Dear Patrycja.
    What a fun packed day and also soo much learning!!! Your guiders should have their own traveling business because they surely are amazing planners and executors on that trip. I am soo amazed how much you guys do in a day.
    Rock climbing sound like so much fun and I know you like that.
    Learning about high tide and how it is connected to sun and moon must have been so interesting. And that fresh air by the water must have been so nice.
    I wonder how was today and all I can think of is Avonlea. I hope you took a thousand pictures. I hope to go there one day! You also had a music concert I wonder how that was? What kind of music? And did you dance?
    Have fun baby girl!!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  50. You are having so much fun Madison. You should have brought Mama with you! Keep having a great time. Don't forget to wear the wig at Anne of Green Gables! Love Mama

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Zoee,
    You love rock climbing and that place looked awesome. Good to see you smiling at the top of your wall climb. I’m jealous you were able to stay at the Hopewell Rocks for the entire tide cycle - I would have loved to do that when we were there.
    Keep having exciting adventures!
    Auntie Cara ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

    ReplyDelete

Day 9 - Halifax again!

It was definitely a "full circle" to be returning back to Halifax Harbour today on day 9; the same location we visited on the mor...