Friday, 3 August 2018

Day 3 - Digby & Brier Island

Hello! Bonjour! Hallo! Cześć! 

The last twenty-four hours we've had the pleasure of experiencing the Nova Scotia fog!  It's been cool to see it last throughout the day; coming in and going out like the waves.  It was another hot and humid day today!  We began the day by decorating the seats in the bus for our friend, Ryleigh, who was turning 11 today!  She got sung "Happy Birthday" at breakfast, again at the morning tour, enjoyed a treat in the afternoon and everyone got birthday loot bags this evening before bed!




We began our day by driving to Digby from Yarmouth to meet Greg and Danielle from GAEL tours.  Once again, we were surprised to be treated like royalty as the Mayor of Digby had come out to greet us and bring us gifts (two pins from Digby & a tour guide booklet).  Perhaps you'll remember the video we showed at our planning meeting back in June about the tidal pool adventure?  It was amazing!  Greg and Danielle were both so passionate about their work and were so good with the girls; they showed the most excitement we've seen since being here!  The tour was right on the Bay of Fundy; one of the world's most important ecosystems.  They began by showing us a tide pool above the high tide line (likely caused from sea spray) where we used magnifying glasses and mini aquariums to view the floaters and a crab exoskeleton.  

We then proceeded to a lower tide pool.  The girls were enthralled with the periwinkles (a type of snail) which they were encouraged to pick-up and observe.  Some got so attached, they gave them names and began singing to them to "keep them happy!"  Green crabs were another highlight; many of the girls were willing to hold them in their hands.  We saw beach peas, seaside plantains, and seaside goldenrod as well as Nova Scotia's provincial mineral stillbite.  We all had a chance to observe a barnacle feeding too!

We then got our "seaweed legs" and learned how to walk down into the long, dense seaweed (known as the rockweed zone) to observe the ecosystem which just 6 hours earlier had been under over 10 feet of water.  We learned about four types of seaweed: nori, Irish moss, sea lettuce & the "tastiest" seaweed (the one we sampled) dulse.  

 The view from Point Prim Lighthouse after the fog lifted.

 The view with partial fog...


 Seaweed under a magnifying glass



Point Prim Lighthouse

Beach peas & Seaside plantains



Greg instructing the girls


Periwinkles & barnacles



























The bryozoan "lemon weed" - an animal not a plant!







Tia feeding her friend the periwinkle!

























Julia with the edible (dried) pulse on the left and the "fresh" dulce on the right.

After our tidal pool tour, we began our drive to catch the ferries to Brier Island.  Our amazing bus driver Brad had been quite nervous about whether or not our large coach bus would fit on the smaller ferries.  Thankfully, it did!  We are so lucky to have him; he's been absolutely amazing!  


When we got to Long Island, we stopped at Balancing Rock a volcanic natural rock formation.  The hike in was 1.7km and ends with a steep 248 wooden stair descent to the shore.  When the molten lava cooled 200 million years ago, it cracked the volcanic rock into large rectangular pieces.  Although it appears as if Balancing Rock could topple at a moment's notice, it's withstood the test of time!  Despite the warm temperatures, the girls were rockstars and hiked without complaining.  We surprised them with birthday popsicles!  Yum.






















We then proceeded to catch our second ferry to Brier Island.  Once settled into the lodge, we walked into the small village and overtook the gift shop and then the restaurant (which had closed for the evening so that they could accommodate us!)











We finished the evening with a presentation about the different whales that can be found in the Bay of Fundy.  Shelley, from Brier Island Whale and Seabird Cruises, was amazingly patient and was willing to answer all of the girls' questions.  We're all really looking forward to tomorrow morning's whale watching tour!




To conclude for the night here are a few pictures of our daily happenings... everywhere we go, we're delivering Girl Guide cookies and a thank you card!  See Simone & Madison in the picture below at Tim Horton's today.


And our evening journaling...how many people can you fit on a double bed?!  When you're squishing 30 people into one room. - the answer is A LOT!!





































59 comments:

  1. Madison you are having a wonderful time. Why didn't you take Mama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Madeline,

    I am super jealous that you are having this trip of a lifetime. It looks like you are having such a good time. Have so much fun whale watching, and keep up the awesome poses in your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S this is auntie Natalie (Nini)

      Delete
  3. Dear Ry-Ry,

    Looks like you had a fantastic birthday today, this will be one for the books! Thank you Leaders for all you did to make her day so special we really appreciate it.

    Dad was really excited about what you got to do today. He use to pick up periwinkles when he was young. Did you name yours?

    Ceilidh wants to say I really, really miss you so I am sleeping in your bed tonight.

    I am super jealous that you get to go whale watching tomorrow, this is something I have always wanted to do. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    We are heading to Drumheller tomorrow and can't wait to tell you all about our adventure. Until then I have a little ditty for you it goes something like this.

    (To the tune of found a Peanut)

    Want to ask you
    Have you worn it
    Your retainer while your away
    I’m wondering if you need me to remind you right away

    Love ya, Mom, Dad, Ceilidh and Maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie Jennifer Bridle3 August 2018 at 23:16

    What a fun filled day! Who knew there is a Point Prim Lighthouse in both Nova Scotia and PEI??? I haven't been to the one in Nova Scotia, but have been to the one in PEI. Guider Kathy, I missed reading your journal entry about today. Have fun on your whale watching tour tomorrow. Can't wait to see pictures of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia it so great that you have a chance to learn so much during your trip. It’s really a trip of a lifetime for all of you girls!
    I hope you will have a chance to see (maybe tickle ��) a whale!!
    Have a wonderful Day 4. We love you !!!!’ Mom Dad Wiktor ( Wiktor said that he misses you about 50% just because you are coming back in few days ��. What an amazing brother!) XOXO❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey B, the towering rock looks really cool, I hope you didn’t get tangled and trip in the seaweed!
    Jewel keeps going in your room wondering where you are, she’s missing her daily cuddles, we love you and miss you
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sienna,

    So how does hiking in Nova Scotia compare to hiking in Alberta ? More water , less mountains ?! The Balancing Rock looked Amazing! You know how much your mama loves pictures so glad to hear you are taking lots ! Make sure you have some of you and your fellow Guiders !
    Por Por says hi ! She didn't realize you were so close to the ocean :)
    B is happy to be done piano theory camp ! He now hopes he can do as well as you ( of better ;) .
    Hope you spot a few whales tomorrow !! Love MDB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tia my little dumpling, how are you doing? We’re missing you like crazy and can’t wait to give you snuggles when you get home. I promise I won’t tip us backwards in the spinny chair! I am so happy to see your big smiles while you were journaling, made me smile too! As I read about your adventures today I could picture you checking out the tide pools and picking up every creature you could find! I know how much you love tide pools. And crabs and snails. :)

    I think you’d be happy to know that Dominic was embarrassed that I mentioned he hogs the bed. Can’t help it if it’s true... hehe

    Got Drago some horn worms today, and of course Dominic had to name them on the ride home...wonder where he gets that from?! Haha! Drago gobbled it down so fast! It’s a good treat for him.

    Speaking of treats, how much candy are you buying with your spending money?? Do you need new teeth? Are you brushing (and flossing?) keep those beautiful braces clean my girl!!

    I KNEW you missed my random made up songs!! Usually you chime in with your made up lyrics too. Dominic was really trying to sing with me today, I can’t even remember what he was singing but it was hilarious nonsense and I was laughing so hard. You would have laughed too!

    Well since you asked (and not because I made it up already....) here is today’s song. It’s sung to the tune of twinkle twinkle. Here we go!

    Tia Wilson was a guide
    She travelled to P.E.I.
    New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
    Also the Atlantic Ocean
    Hope she packed her underwear
    Because 10 days she’ll be there!!

    We LAVA you so much too!! Endless kisses and hugs from all of us XOXO to infinity!!

    Love,
    Mom, Dad, Dominic and mr. man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coralynn,
    Famous or not it's good to see you are all having a great time.
    Attia went home today so we went to Cold Lake to try out the kayak it works!
    We're off to Haying in the 30s this weekend.
    Can't wait to hear your stories when you get home.
    Love,
    MaiMai, PaPa Jack and Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jorja!
    You do realize that I am keeping the itinerary and we are doing this trip all over again as a family right?! All of this sounds so amazing. The only thing I would skip is all the people in one room. Poor Guider Andrea had no room she had to go journal in the tub!
    Of course you held a crab! Hopefully you did not paint them this time!
    248 stairs?! Well that's it, when you get home we are heading to the stairs for a challenge. Do you accept?
    You know I have to say this but I hope you are remembering to eat your fruit and veggies and showing your appreciation to your guiders and bus driver Brad. They are creating memories for you and with you and for that I cannot thank them enough.
    Sandpoint is beautiful! It's like a little Kelowna. Guider Andrea was right on to suggest this place to us. Thank you! We bought some groceries today and bringing home some stuff we can't buy in Edmonton. Like Fruity Pebbles. Your brothers were so excited they found them! Poor Daddy is on his own at home. Wonder what he is making himself for dinner?
    Anderson says hi and hopes you are having a good time. His words.
    I love you and cannot wait to hear what day 4 brings!
    Chat tomorrow.
    Xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mad-dog? We have never called you that! Is this a new east-coast nickname you've picked up? Are you too good to be called Madeline now?! :)

    It's very quiet here in the house without you. We are missing you but very much enjoying the blog posts and pictures each day. Where did you get that lifeguard sweater?

    I hope you're not snoring too loudly or kicking people out of bed during the night. I bet you wish you would have taken my Pokemon blanket to sleep with!

    Can't wait to see the whale adventure pictures!

    Love, Jacky (Mom) Ryan (Dad) Claire (Sister) Vader (Cat) Fishes (Fishes)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! It looks really beautiful there. The Bay of Fundy sounds really cool! And it’s great how nice the people are. Looks like you’re having a wonderful time.

    Barkley is ok, he’s not eating much but he’s moving around a bit and spending lots of time outside and sleeping. Have a great day again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello little ladies! It looks like you had a great day today and I must say that I thought you were both exceptionally photogenic today! I loved the smiles and can only imagine how good of a time you had making crab friends and playing in the tide pools.

    Moira, I read your letter to Alli and she wagged her tail and shedded an extra bunch in response.

    Paige, I’m excited to hear about your shopping but you know I don’t need anything besides for you both to enjoy your adventure! (Although I am kind of excited to get a gift!)

    I hope your day tomorrow is as fun as your last few. Big thanks to the guiders for leading you on this journey again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS there are a ton of dinosaurs running around our campsite!!!

      Delete
  14. Hi Carys!
    Sounds like another great day in the Maritimes! Love seeing all of the pictures. Did you or your mum try dulce? Uncle Mark loves dulce...Anna, Jacob and I, not so much!
    Have a great day tomorrow and we can’t wait to hear about your next adventure.
    xoxo
    Auntie Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jada

    I bet you were right I to those tied pools...wish I could have seen you exploring. Are the much different then the ones in BC? I hope you took a picture of each new critter you found. I mad Ben clean the house with me today....so your day look much more fun :)

    Fingers crossed for some excellent whale watching opportunities tomorrow.

    We miss you so so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kaylee,

    Oh my, Sammy the Snail...sort of like Gary the Gecko! Adopting a snail you find sounds totally up your alley. Remember all the snails you "adopted" in Dominican Republic? I hope Sammy has a better fate then those snails! It looks like you are having an awesome trip. Miss and love you lots.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing tour you all are on! Looking forward to hearing all about the whale watching in the next segment!
    - Guider Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kaylee, it sounds like you’re having a great trip! I’m glad to see that you were taking good care of Sammy :) Missing you lots and sending you lots of love. Uncle John, Aunt Sara and Reid

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patrycja, It looks like you had a great day! I can’t believe how much you got to see and do already! I am really happy for you and all your friends. Have fun tomorrow! XOXO Auntie Paulina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cześć Patrycja!
    Wow!!! what na amazing pictures! You are having the time of your life And im so proud of you. Im impressed with that 248 steps and I am wondering if your legs didn’t hurt? I can’t wait to see what day 4 will bring. We love you so so much.
    Mom And Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Simone,
    In Nova Scotia, do they make you kiss the snail or eat the snail? I cannot believe how the rock is perfectly balanced and has not toppled over yet. It really looks
    amazing and I am so happy to see you enjoying this adventure with your
    friends. Did you race Mommy up and down the hill? I can't wait to see your next blog. Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing adventure you are having Courtney, memories to last a lifetime! Love from Nanna & Poppa. Salsa & Tornado want to say hi too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fat Christmas Pig?!? Uncle Matt found that way too funny.
    Sounds like you had a great day! I love exploring things that live in the ocean. Looking forward to hearing about tomorrow! Love ya stink butt!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nana and Aunt Julie4 August 2018 at 08:53

    Hi Sweet Simone, I can't believe how old you look in the pictures..sniff sniff. You got to meet the Mayor! You girls are being treated like movie stars. Not sure if I could have made it all those steps.. I bet you ran them with all the energy you have. Isn't Canada a beautiful country? We are so lucky to live here. I was so happy to see you give girl guides cookies and thank you letters everywhere you go..even Tim Hortons. It is important to say thank you everywhere you go!! We can't wait to hear about the whale adventure! We love you and miss you, Nana and Aunt Julie (and Uncle Brent too)!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Tia, it’s Dominic. Hope you’re enjoying your vacation so far. Yesterday we went to the rec room. We also went to mastermind toys and I got you something. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Love Dominic.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sup Monie, how you doing? It's ya boi, Celeste, back at it agin with another one. Did you touch a crab? Did he/she pinch you? Please say you named one Mr. Krabs? When I told Papoo about the balancing rock he thought it was the bouncing rock and was super confused. He was like "A rock can't bounce. Can it?". Mal also wonders if you have been listening to Gucci Gang a lot? Daph says she misses her snuggle buddy/partner in crime. Joke of the day: What did the whale doctor say to the injured whale? "Sorry, there's just no way I can KELP you"
    I know the joke was a bit fishy. Anyways, we love you sooooo much and we miss you and mum. Bye Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Gilly
    Looks like your having fun in those rock pools,
    I always enjoyed myself looking in those pools as a kid.
    Not much meat on that crab you had in your hand, but I guess the one you had for dinner was bigger 😂😂
    I’m glad your enjoying yourself on the coast it looks really good me and mum are really jealous.
    Lots of love ❤️ Dad Mum Emily

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Zoee,

    Do you not like having your picture taken? Would love to see you in some close- ups. What did it feel like to hold the crabs? Did you walk in the seaweed? I think that would be gross. Keep having fun

    Love you,
    Grandma and Rose xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello my Anjou sunshine,
    Today I’m making your brother waffles and he’s scarfing them down almost as fast as I can make them. Maybe you’ll get lucky and he’ll leave you some for when you’re back on Friday?? It’s still morning here but it’s already afternoon where you are! Did you try the seaweed yesterday? Did you hold a crab? I’ll bet you did both. Did you learn something amazing yesterday at the tide pools? I can’t wait to see the pictures that you’ve taken and hear all of your stories.
    Miss you lots! Mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Carys,
    Another day and so many more fantastic adventures. You are very lucky... Although you might not miss your family back home, you have a very confused little brother in MacLean who has no idea where you are or if you are ever coming home. He understands you went on a plane to an airport and continues to insist (in an angry sort of way) that "Me go airport too". Next time, please ensure you and your Mom save room in your suitcases for him. It's nice to see Mom is contemplating bathing, but you may want to let her know that filling the tub with "water" will make a world of difference next time...
    Miss both you and your Mom. Love, your Dad, Bennett, Campbell, and Mr. I still love pooping in my diaper, MacLean.

    ReplyDelete
  31. HI Sophia - You are truly having an amazing trip and the pictures are incredible. The only issue I have is that most of you girls have long brown hair, you're all wearing ball caps at some point and the same outfit!! I think I have found you one picture and think to myself 'wow she is growing and changing' then I go to the next picture and see you by Jorja or Carys and think 'wait a min the previous picture wasn't even Sophia!!!" So its taking me a long time to 'find Sophia' in all of the pictures - sorta like Finding Waldo...HA HA

    Everyone is good here - Marley and Zoe are all over me right now thinking I'm taking them for a walk. Tip is swimming around in his tank and Jinx is sleeping in the laundry basket on your fresh clean close ;)

    Keep have fun, take pictures!!! Because the places you are visiting truly look amazing!!! Enjoy feeling like a 'star' every place you go. so Awesome. Talk to you tomorrow.... LOVE Mom, James, Marely, Zoe, Jinx and Tip

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi mom and Gillian!
    Glad your day was fun. I am so jealous that you got to go to the bay of fundy, as that’s one place that I would love to see. Good for you Gillian for holding a grab and a snail. (I LOVE your face in that one picture of you holding a snail😂) I have not looked for your dance schedule yet, but I will go today.

    Love you lots,
    Caroline and Lucky
    PS mom, where is your today was fabulous because????

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Baby Bear,
    Wow, Sounds like another amazing day! The tide pools looked very cool. How did you do walking in the seaweed?? :s
    Glad to hear you have having nice weather, it has been raining for three days now while camping.
    The rocks are amazing in the pictures!! Did you try to push that one rock over? How is it standing like that.
    What did you think of the ferry?
    Have fun whale watching!! Hope you get some good pics of the whales. They are so big and majestic!
    Love you lots
    Mom and Dad 💜

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Tia: It was so fun to get to see you all examining the tidal pools! Now you have gotten to see tidal pools in Hawaii and tidal pools in the Canadian Maritimes all in one summer! You are sure getting to see a great deal about the ecosystems around the world! We lava you, too! And we are so glad you are having such a great time. We look forward to hearing all about it when you get home. Love Nana and Grampa XOX

    ReplyDelete
  35. HI Tia, We are taking apart the fences and the shed. Everything will look different when you get back from your trip! Love Nana and Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Ella!! Sorry for the late post! I hope I’m not the parent that is holding up everyone hearing their messages - you made me promise! Haha

    Looks like you had another incredible day! How nice that your group is being welcomed by everyone that way! We are used to the East Coast hospitality though aren’t we :)

    I love seeing that you are having fun with your friends and leaders and learning so much too. You will have so many stories to share.

    I had a special date with Nana & Papa last night. They took me for my birthday supper and then we saw 2 of our favourite comedians. We laughed and laughed and laughed. All our cheeks were sore from smiling.

    The boys are doing good. We miss & love you tons. Keep enjoying every minute!

    Thanks to your leaders for staying up late every night to do these amazing blog pages!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Jada,
    Following your trip has been great and would love to have been there too, especially for the lobster feast!
    I have kept quite a few pictures with you in, though it is sometimes hard to tell all you guides apart!
    A trip to remember and I am looking forward to hearing all about your adventure when I see you in Kye Bay soon.
    Lots of love,
    Nana - in Victoria ��

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey Ava. So proud of you. I miss you sooooooo much and love you too. My only other comment is you get to see the mayor of Digby and I get soggy tent when I go to the maritimes������! Can't wait to see you in 6 sleeps. Love you. Oh this is Dylan by the way xoxoxo❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh also emojis did t's show. Should've been wink wink smiley face after maritimes

      Delete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey Mouse!

    What an fantastic day. You sure got to experience a lot and that balancing rock is crazy. It's amazing that it's still standing. Dad is away on the annual guys golf trip so it's just Maggie, Dylan and I. Maggie was very sad when you left, she didn't eat the next day. But she seems back to herself now. I'm getting a lot more snuggles with her cuz she doesn't have you to give them. She'll be really happy when you're home. We miss you lots and lots and can't wait to give you a big hug.

    How how is your energy? Are you tired or okay? You're used to getting a lot more sleep. Are you sneaking in snoozies on the bus? We love seeing the notes about the best part of your day. Looking forward to seeing what today's was.

    Love you tons! 💜 💛 Mom, Dad, Dylan & Maggie

    PS. All the grandparents want me to pass along hello and they have all tried to post a comment but they haven't been able to figure it out. They think your trip is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Tia doodle went to Saint John
    Riding on a ferry
    After leaving Nova Scotia
    Hope your day was merry!!

    Smooch!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Gillian and Guider Kathy, Sorry that my last post didn't work - I will double check next time that it works! I can't wait to meet Sammy snail Gillian (I'm assuming in pictures only?) The photo of you with a periwinkle is super funny - did you have to eat it or something? You have that "I smell poo" face. I'll bet you had no trouble on the hike - your cardio must be loving the hiking and keeping you in shape for dance. If it's possible, I'd love to see a dance pose or two once in a while :) The balancing rock is something I've always wanted to see - lucky you! And did you eat Digby scallops yet? They are the most famous in the world. We miss you lots here - I've been playing Great Big Sea more than usual...hope you are both having a great time! BTW Kathy - how come you don't have a sheet blog like some of the other guide leaders? (Or do you write the big one with Tara and Andrea?)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Tia, I hope you have a great time on your trip! I can’t wait to hear all about it when you get home. Miss you tons! Xoxoxo Love you!
    Love Aunty Candace. Chevy and Gotham say hi also! ��

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Madison,

    Wow another fantastic day you’ve had. We love seeing all the pictures of what you are doing. So jealous. The whale talk sounds like it was awesome I hope you saw lots of whales on your whale watching tour. Can’t wait to see today’s pictures. Miss you and love you lots.

    Love Mom & Dad ❤️
    PS LILO misses you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Ella - loved to hear about your adventures today - the fog, the lighthouse and the ferry from Digby! Papa and I brought home a wonderful book about the Bay of Fundy - with one chapter called "Walking on the Bottom of the Sea". We can have a look at it when you get home. And you took a ferry from Digby to Saint John! We are so jealous! Keep well little Bella. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Anjou! So exciting that you met the mayor of Brier Island! Thank goodness the coach bus fit on the ferry - you are so lucky that you are so well taken care of. It is special to hear about how passionate the individuals are that you are meeting. You have learned so many interesting things about the tide pools and the sea life! How cool that you held a periwinkle and a crab! Don’t eat them, ok! How was the seaweed - it is one of your favourite snacks! We can’t wait to hear about the whale watching today! Hugs from all of us in Toronto! Adelaide sends a special hello! Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Madison. I love seeing all your smiles. This means you are having a great time! I can't wait to see the pictures from your whale watching tour. Keep smiling and having fun. Love Mama

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hello ShortyMcPherson,
    Looks like you are having an incredible time! I sure miss you!
    Drew and I are having an amazing time as well. We camped literally in the middle of nowhere in K-Country, caught several trout, Brookies, Rainbows and Cutthroat. We even saw a Badger today...he looked angry, so I stayed put and didn’t get close enough for a picture. I love you! Hugs to your Mom.
    Love Daddy. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh hey Courtney, I forgot to say, I see you got to look for creatures in Tidepools, remember doing that in Tofino? So much fun, one of my favourite things to do as a kid!
    Love you, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Madison the bus looks so good for the birthday great job girls. I bet the ferry ride was fun and the periwinkles are cool too. Don likes the small crab is says it crabby like me ! Can wait to see your adventures for tomorrow. Let be Your BGFF Deb and Don

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hello Ava,

    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Ava - my niece
    and "Butternut" too!

    She balances, does cartwheels,
    She's crazy and fun
    She's my "bossy cow" favourite
    when the diving is done.

    I hope you have fun
    All you crazy lucky girls,
    You're precious to us all,
    Like diamonds and pearls.

    Love your most favourite Uncle in the world - that's right - Uncle Bryce.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Alex,
    Make sure you wish Ryleigh a Happy Belated BDay from us,

    It sure looked like another fun filled day exploring and learning new things. The tide pools and the balancing rock are another two things I will have to put on the list of things to do/visit if we ever get back to Nova Scotia!!! Those tide pools looked so cool and you got to Touch/hold some cool creatures!! Did you hold them? I was surprised I didn't see you in any of the pictures holding them, because I thought for sure that would be your type of thing. It sure sounds like you have an amazing bus driver, which is great for you guys not to have to worry about that. Patches and Shyloh are doing good, but they do miss you. They sleep on your bed sometimes and look around to see whose missing,

    it was a bit of a gloomy day today and rained a bit off and on, but now that I am home from work it is pouring and we can hear big loud thunder booms. It is 4:30 our time right now, so I don't think we will be going out tonight for a bike ride or walk.

    I thought you took your own camera charger for your camera, not Syds. But even so you have the same camera so it should work - unless Syd gave you the one to her old camera. Can you ask one of the leaders to help you put the battery in? That would suck if you took the wrong one by accident cause you have so much more to see and do.

    I can't wait to hear all about the whale watching and other fun things you are going to do tomorrow!!! I love going into work in the morning and read what adventures you had and see all the pictures. It makes my day.

    It's the triplets Bday today so put good wishes into the sky for them. Have a good nights sleep and know that we are thinking of you and love you very very very very much. It's not the same here without you!!

    Love you my little sunshine. Mom, dad, Syd, Zach, patches and shyloh

    ReplyDelete
  53. Courtney, You look like you are having a great time. I love all the photos of the places you have visited. How does it feel to be famous? Grandpa and I are so excited that you saw the Bay of Fundy where the highest tides in the world occur! Did you hold the crabs? We love you and miss you. Hugs and kisses to you and much love to your Mom too! Love, Grandpa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hey Zoee, I love all the photos. You are seeing some amazing sights. Are you using your new camera to capture some moments? I especially enjoyed the balancing rocks - very cool. Mae is home from Vancouver tonight, I’m excited to show her your blog and the photos. Enjoy your adventures. Love you kiddo. Auntie Cara

    ReplyDelete
  55. Kaylee,

    I wish when I was in Digby I would have had the great water and sea life tour that you got today. It looked like lots of fun and you even made a new friend "Sammy"! When Grandpa and I went to Digby we were very excited. First we had heard they had the best scallops in Canada and second, it was June 2007 and we were going to watch the Edmonton Oilers play the 7th and final game of the Stanley Cup playoff. Well needless to say, the scallops where awesome but the game was not and the Oiler's lost! Glad you had a better day in Digby than Grandpa and I did. Miss you lots. Love Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Babygirl Courtney,
    Drew and I were literally on top of the world today and are coming out now so the logging road is bumpy and l haven’t had a chance to read the blog or i’ll throw up. We hiked into an Alpine Lake called Bear...i’ll send Mom some pictures they will blow your mind!
    I love you and miss you 😘
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete

Day 9 - Halifax again!

It was definitely a "full circle" to be returning back to Halifax Harbour today on day 9; the same location we visited on the mor...